[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

@Andre_86 this is exactly the reason why this happens and why the duration variates. I already requested a feature at Allterco Robotics to add functionality to the Shelly devices that can push the entire state of a device if something changes. That would allow Homey to switch from polling the device to listen for changes making it much more responsive with less network traffic. Haven’t heard back from them though. You can request the same, perhaps that helps.

1 Like

Great job, you’re already on to it. I’ll do a request at them to.

Hi guys,
i use shelly app in homey to control my shelly device (1PM and EM) and in Insights panel, i have this value:

• energy
  • energy consumption
  • power meter
  • temperature
  • totanl energy consumption

i understand that:

• temperature is temperature of shelly device 1PM or EM
  • energy and energy concumption is the same indicator (current energy consumtion)

but power meter what is it?
is energy/energy consumtion that is show in W but showin KWh?

why energy and energy consumtion is show with two label?

thanks

I have a question. I’m planning my new house, but it has no neutral line in the switches. On top of that, not all of my family uses Homekit app to turn on and off lights. Is Shelly an answer to my needs of:

1. Homekit integration
  2. Being able to turn on and off by both physical switch and iphone
  3. Where will be my date stored? On homey or in some cloud that I owned by someone?4
  4. Working without Neutral line
    thx

Hi:

1. Im not sure, not using Homekit, but it should work over Homey.
  2. Possible.
  3. Runs local and can be connected to cloud if you want. If integrated to Homey, then data stored in Homey.
  4. Neutral is needed, except of shelly dimmer which can work without it.

Can Dimmer be used essentally as a on and off button?

1. Regular Shelly Dimmer requires a neutral! The to be released SL version however, does not…

Yes, you can also switch non-dimmable lights, if that’s what you mean

Ok, that is a dealbreaker for me. so maybe Aqara will help, thx all

Hi all,
Hope you can help me out on two questions I have:

• I have a Shelly Dimmer (normal, no SL) to switch the toilet lights. When I switch it on/off with the existing light switch it makes 2 identical entries for each action in the timeline. See below. Switching the light from within Homey, results in only 1 entry (as it should)

• I use a Shelly 2.5 Relay for switching my ventilation. Having a trigger to somehow detect switching with the existing switch would help me making the right flows. Problem is that Shelly/Homey does not notice any changes by power metering. Probably because it it switches by placing 230v on one line to another, but not actually using power. The mains unit will be powered by a different outlet, not really By power from the switch (Shelly).
    I understand that this is probably a problem from the Relay itself. In the Shelly app I do not see any power metering too or any other timeline for when the shelly has switched or not.
    Would there be any other possibilities to check if the existing switch is used to change the state of the ventilation? Or should I make changes in the Shelly app itself (therefore changing settings within the Shelly itself)?
    I used the following scheme for install (lamps are input 1 and 2 of the ventilation)

The measurements are rather confusing. I’ve got a couple of Shelly 2.5 and the only thing that is fully accurate in Insigths is the temperature, the rest is a hodgepodge of incorrect labels, mixed up measurements and possibly incorrect translation to Swedish. As I see similar issues with other devices I’m fairly sure some, if not most, of the errors are out of the scope for the Shelly app, but perhaps others can pipe in on this.

From top in Insights:
First graph shows power (W) on the vertical axis, but the graph is labeled Ström (current).
Second graph, Total consumed energy, not translated to Swedish, y-axis labeled Wmin, but the values appear to be in kWh.
Third graph is called Elmätare, the y-axis is labeled kWh, but the values look more like Wmin.
Fourth graph, temperature, no issues with that.
Fifth graph, labeled Energianvändning (energy use), it’s the same as the first graph, hence Efektanvändning (power use) would technically be more accurate as the y-axis is power.
If you open the Shelly devicey in the Home app on the phone you will see momentary status of the first four.

I am not sure I understand you correctly @Henrik_Johnsson

Power is not measured in Homey for my Shelly 2.5 Relay. Not in the Android Shelly app as well. No measurement there.

Hardly the point here, but…

Wow, but it’s very hot! I thought my Shelly 2.5 with 65 and 72 degrees was hot!

Well, in my case power is not monitored, that is the whole point… :wink:
Not in Homey, not in the Android Shelly app. That is why I hope more people use a Shelly for ventilation in combination with a 3 way switch that switches a 230V control voltage and can give me some advice

I am using a Shelly 2.5 to control a Ducobox ventilation unit by simulating a perilex plug. Here also, there is no change in power on the Shelly when switching SW1 or 2. I guess you could try to measure power going through the other route as an alternative?

Furthermore, how have you connected your manual switch, through the Shelly?

Thx for the reply.
I connected like in the pic at the end of my post above:
01848C8F-BE49-4849-826D-BBCCF3F0DB42
I detached the perilex wall outlet and attached both 23OV lines from the normal switch to the Shelly.
Then from the Shelly outlets back to the Perilex where the ventilation is plugged in.

Ah, yes, that’s a different story. This particular unit was misbehaving from brand new so I had it replaced and then I put it on my lab bench (kithcen table actually) to see if I could reproduce the problem. Right now I’m trying to see if the problem was temperature related so I have made sure it’s warm and cozy.

Can’t you then just use the trigger card “When Shelly 2.5 turns on”?

Otherwise…:

Or maybe through MQTT state?

Maybe Shelly released an updated version of the 2.5, from the description on the web page “Shelly 2.5 has two integrated precise power meters. You can measure the consumption for each channel separately.”