[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

I think Point 5 of the Troubleshoot section of Post # 1 can help you out:

Ah ok I will test with the scripts - I did not integrate them

Thanks, I haven’t seen that before. I will try to solve my problem with this.

1 Like

Native Shelly app measure everything right but in Homey Shelly app 3em energy readings are false.

Is the energy measurement in all phases incorrect?

In old 3em (not pro) Homey shows only one device thats sums all phases.

la 24. helmik. 2024 klo 9.56 peltsi51 via Homey Community Forum <notifications@athom.discoursemail.com> kirjoitti:

I have also the old 3em and it shows all phases separately not combined…

Have you tried to add the 3em again as a new device to the homey?

Have you just added the device to homey or used it before? In other words has it worked before and now its changed or it hasnt worked at all.

I’m trying to use the second input on a Dimmer 2 to control some lights. I’m still using the old “action card” on some devices because they’re still on the old “type”, but this dimmer I just added so it’s the new generic Shelly device so I can only use the device specific action event card
The input works (when I set the Dimmer to 2 button mode I can dim the light that’s on the output) but I’m not getting a response from the Action card.

Am I using it wrong?

Even in the simplest flow it’s not responding

The dimmer is in onebutton mode
The Q&A speaks about setting “input” but I’m not sure where to find that again

I have several shellys working like that (using input 1 and 2 through the old generic action event) but I can’t see what’s different for this one (it’s the only Shelly device yet with the new generic device type)

edit: it’s a shame the generic event card is gone, for two reasons:

• the Shelly RGWB doesn’t have the action card(?), but it still responds to the old generic action card that I’m using in my setup. I can’t change flows for this anymore, create new ones. Accidently deleted a few flows for a specific light only to discover I can’t add the generic action anymore, now these lights don’t work anymore :frowning:
  • I have a setup with a few flows that count the number a Shelly button is pressed. I use this with the reported name of the Shelly to determine which button is pressed how many number of times in which room. I control this to set scenes in different rooms, and with the old generic action card I only need one set of flows to count and handle this

I have so many flows with 3em so i havent tried to add it again. It has worked from begining this way (over one year now). Total power and everything else is right but cumulative energy seems to do something wrong. Can you send a picture from insight of your energy (last hour). Heres my graph:

Some time ago I had to reconnect the old 3EM because of some change in the app. I would recommend that you reconnect the device and try it that way. If I remember right you can add the same device again without removing the current device and that way you can change all the flows more easily to new device.

I have also very large amount of flows that use the 3EM, but in the end it was not so much work to change the flows to use the new device.

Create an issue for this on Github please. Should be there.

There are always trade offs to keep everyone happy.

Is this happening in the gen1 3EM or the Pro 3EM? On Homey Cloud or Homey Pro? Both should have 3 seperate phases. If it doesn’t it has not been added correctly. And what is the name of the capability under the device that is not showing the insights correctly? And what steps from the troubleshoot guide have you already performed including trying to re-pair?

RGWB: I’m adding another one in the next days, I’ll check to see if it’s there after I add it with the “generic device”

Any idea why my action doesn’t trigger on the dimmer 2?

The update of the BLU motion to v1.0.12 fixed the problem.

Its gen 1 3em. I have 3 of them. Re-pairing is still left to do. Everything else works perfectly, so havent still done re-pairing. I’ll gues i have to try it next.

No, submit a seperate issue so I can test it at a later time.

done

Just added a new Shelly RGWB, and it doesn’t have the action card. Submitted an issue @Phuturist

Trying to include Shelly BLU D/W, but the pairing process with Homey Pro (2023) does not even start. Adding device → shelly → any bluetooth device results with an error message. Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘forEach’)

Replying to myself, as it appeared that the same issue surfaced before as well. A bug in Homey, BT-discovery already running → try rebooting Homey. Now I also remember that this trick fixed the same issue last time.

EDIT: Rebooting Homey did not solve the issue.

I will add something to handle this issue more gracefully and report the issue. But that doesnt fix the underlaying problem where apparently Homey can return a undefined result after performing a BLE discovery scan. It’s not something I can fix. I would suggest rebooting Homey again until it works.