[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Since yesterday evening it’s totally gone - app crashing and totally unavailable. I waited for the night to pass, hoping it would change back to normal.

I have two cloud homeys with the same issue :frowning:

Try reinstalling the app from the app store. If the issue persists send a diagnostic report from the app settings.

1 Like

I had the same issue yesterday, restarting the shelly app throw an error that the app is not installed, restarting Homey solved this

1 Like

On the other homey cloud I got it up and running again.
This one is now at least not crashing anymore but still “offline” not updating. Log: 8adeacc7-dd72-4858-82fb-9bd0bbbebff8

It’s a bug which I’ll fix with the next release.

1 Like

Great I’ll wait. Ps: the recent update made it worse ? 3.20.1 doesn’t start at all.

Shelly app stops working on the homey cloud completely. Reinstalling the app is also not working. I don’t know when this started but today when I woke up I noticed strange behavior.

Is unable to create also the diagnostic report.

Posnetek zaslona 2023-07-07 095523

Looks like it’s working now again.

It must be some Homey Cloud issue as it’s working fine in my tests and the issue seems to get resolved (for some users?) without my interaction. I don’t see anything wrong with the code. There still is a bug in Homey Cloud though which is causing issues on Cloud reconnects. Athom does not care of is unable to solve this issue as it’s present for a long time now. Reinstalling the app from the app store is a workaround.

Either way, you should contact Athom if you are still having issues. This is not for me to solve.

1 Like

Hello everyone. For a few days I have had the problem that all my SHELLY PLUS 2PM no longer work. I use Detached input. With the second switch, input 1 is switched on or off once a minute. There are no switching operations in the Shelly surface. I have already completely reset and set up a Shelly.

A Homey Pro 2023 with current firmware and current Shelly app is used.

Hi, i have a shelly em showing the power grid energy consumed by my house, and another one showing the energy produced by the solar panels.

Is there any way for me to configure it so that the shelly EM for the solar panels to show up as such, in the energy consumptions portion of the app, and the other one linked to the power grid working as a smart meter in the energy consumptions?

best regards

I’m pretty sure this is not caused by the Shelly app but something on your side. The code for changing inputs is used for all devices. If this was a bug in the app other users would have reported it as well. Double check your flows.

Within the Homey app, go into the settings of the shelly em of the solar panels and change the category “What is plugged in?” into “Solar Panel”. This is how it works with my Shelly Plug (small inverter, max. 600 W).
But the power in the Homey app (energy) is not always displayed correctly for me. But I assume that it’s a bug in the Homey app (iOS). Therefore, I have already reported this to Athom.
If you also notice problems, then please report it to Athom.

Hi I have a problem with adding a new shelly flood sensor and a new H/T sensor with display. The app sees them, but in the next step it just says new device and doesn’t go anywhere. Tested on Homey and Homey Pro which I just purchased, but it still doesn’t work. See screenshots Daniel.

Read the pairing instructions from the first post. Either the devices are not on a recent firmware or you are not keeping them awake during pairing.

You should charge 5 € for each question that is already explained in your first post! :joy:

5 Likes

You’re a great service for the community, thanks for that.

Have same issue. At first I thought the App crashed while adding a new Shelly device.
Removed the app and added it again and immediately it said: app crashed.

Set my homey to factory default restored my backup same issue.
Set it to factory default again and installed the homey pro as new, same issue after installing the app.

That is the moment I go to the experts :grin:

Any idea how to solve this?

Edit: I found an error code, maybe it helps: 1c39ab9e-3645-437e-bc81-a649f0797932

Yes, report it to Athom. It’s yet another bug with Homey which they are aware of but have not prioritized or are incapable of solving. It’s not for me to fix.

And since I get a lot of users sending me diagnostic reports because of this. Is the app is crashing for you, report it to Athom and not me.

The Homey app does not work with the Shelly products. It starten yesterday evening. Today I receive this error.

Is this a global error?

See the known issues and troubleshoot guide step 8 from the first post.

It’s a bug in Homey Cloud which Athom is aware of but does not prioritize or is unable to fix. Report it to Athom, it’s not an issue with the Shelly app. Workaround is reinstalling the app from the app store.