[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

I had the same problem today. All shelly devices simply stopped updating their status to homey cloud.
Any info on what could be causing this? Is it possible to detect this somehow and send a push notification?

Another thing that I noticed today is that the history of shelly devices is not updated accordingly.
shelly 2.5
Posnetek zaslona 2023-04-04 212535

I’m afraid not, I dont have much insights on cloud status. As it soley relies on push messages from Shelly cloud to Homey cloud it’s also hard to detect issues other than devices not responding. I personally would never rely on cloud for home automation for these kind of reasons. But next time, send me a diagnostic report before fixing the problem. Perhaps that contains more info on what is going on.

The history is not something I control from the app. Looks like the Shelly has been set up in roller mode. Are you sure you actually changed the device input in the last 18 days?

Everything is automated every day. They close at sunset and open at sunrise. I haven’t physically operated the blinds manually for a long time. :slight_smile:

It’s strange how this history is working. Sometimes is not showing correctly that the device was turned on/off by flow. On some other devices, there is no information about the flow that triggers action at all. Those logs are not helpful if something is not working as it should. :slight_smile:

Example: (the last two changes are after I noticed that all shelly devices simply stopped updating their status to the homey cloud, everything else is based on flow activation.)

Inputs only change state when there is input so that explains the missing input history on your Shelly 2.5.

You should report issues with it to Athom. This is not something I control.

@Phuturist: Thank you very much for the answer. In my case, there is a “Total Power” value for phase 1, but it does not show anything (-). Also on phase 1, there are two times the “Power” value in W, which displays different values. One of these “Power” values seems to be the Power on phase one, but the other “Power” value seems to be an average. In any case, it is not ideal in my opinion to have two times the “Power” value in W on the same device, especially if the values displayed are different.

I’m seeing the same as @Picsou621 on my devices.

Looks to me that meter_power.total should have label ”Total Energy” and measure_power.total should be ”Total Power”

These instances are fresh on Homey Pro 2023 10.0.0.rc71.with Shelly 3.18.5.

While on a Homey Pro 2019 (8.1.3) same Shelly version, it looks like this:

Also freshly paired Shelly EM3. Also the labels mixed up here.

And from Shelly EM3 itself:

It’s a bug which I’ll fix with the next release. It will require you to re-pair the device though.

2 Likes

Just found out - after several resets - that an issue occurs when the IP of a Shelly device changed (before(!) adding it to Homey). For example if you set a fixed IP in your router/DHCP. The dialog page in Homey just stays blank after selecting the device, without any error message.

Restarting the Homey app fixes the issue (workaround), so it’s not that urgent but maybe there is a clean solution in the future. :slight_smile:

See Can not add new Shelly to Homey - #6 by Marcel_Brand

Is it possible from Homey to change the LED Ring color on the Shelly Plus Plug S?

Nope, there is no API for that yet. I already requested the feature before the product for launched but it’s not been added yet.

OK, thanx for quick answer

Hei! Thanks for the great working integration. I noticed that the device class for the TRV is heater instead of thermostat. This prevents other integrations like Alexa to correctly use the device.

Would it be possible to change that? Or was it done by intention?

Dont think it was intentional. I’ll change it with the next release but it will require you to re-pair the device though.

:muscle::raised_hands:

Hei! For a Shelly Plus1 the State of Input 1 is not updated. It always stays at Last value unknown.

If I connect an add-on to it, and enable a digital input, that state is reflected correctly. At least, the state was updated once.

If you never manually switched the input (and also with some specific settings) this could indeed be the case.

Hello. Some of my Shelly devices became unavailable or non responsive so I removed them and tried to add them again. Didn’t work. Tried to delete the Shelly app in Homey and tried to add again. I managed to add some devices, but the others (Shelly 2.5 and Shelly Dimmer 2) was found, but when I try to add them then nothing happens. It just “black screens”. The firmware is up to date on all my Shelly devices and they work fine in Shelly app. They are also on fixed IP adress. I restarted Homey as well. Same problem both on phone and PC. Any tips?

Please tell me the firmware versions.

Shelly 2.5 firmware: Current version: 20221027-092056/v1.12.1-ga9117d3

Shelly Dimmer 2 firmware: Current version: 20221027-104444/v1.12.1-ga9117d3

There is a beta firmware but I haven’t tried it.

Send me a diagnostic report after having tried to pair again. Perhaps there is something in there.