[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Adding custom functionality which is not available by the devices itself has not worked out very well before. So I try to keep things as clean as possible, specially seeying the number of devices this app needs to support.

But you could achieve this yourself with some advanced flows. Have a look at this german thread about it: Shelly 3M 3 Verbrauchswerte addieren / zusammelegen - #2 by fantross

Hi All,

I’m a new Homey pro user, and i’m in a learning status yet.
And I also have a lot of other device (plugs and modules) included the measuring function.

I have a Shelly EM power meter for measure the full consumption of my flat.
I would like to use the data from the shelly device as a full usage, and the other devices as a “detailed view”

Now in my setup the shelly EM is a part of a full usage, and in this case, i get a really false data as a full consumption.

For example in this screenshot, my full consumption is 330W, and I know what devices use 200W from.

I got a screenshot from my friend, and it looks the function is available in homey (He is using a Aeotech Home Energy Meter for this function):

He said there is a type of setting for the device, but I don’t have this kind of setting here:

So could you add this function? is it possible?

I hope, I was clear enough

Thank you for your Support :slight_smile:

The setting you are describing is documented here: Energy - Homey Apps SDK

The cumulative setting is already set to true for the Shelly EM upon pairing. So this should result in this behaviour:

All known consuming devices will be subtracted from the total measured, showing the remaining usage as other .

I’m not sure why there is no toggle for setting this under the device. I indeed remember there was but I dont see it anymore. Anyway, there is a flow action card you can use to toggle the behaviour of this property. You could try and set it to true (even though it should have been set to true on pairing already).

Are you using Homey Pro 2023? Could very well be a bug in the new firmware or beta app.

1 Like

Hi again Phuturist :slight_smile:

I solved the problem, thank you for your help, i tell you what happened (it can be useful for other users).

So firstly, I tried to repair my EM to homey. if this is the default setting, I thought this will solve the problem, but nothing happened.

As a next step, I created a flow for this as you said, but still nothing happened.

because you said, the device has this function, I started to search in the settings, and i found a solution.

first, I went to the devices - EM - Settings - advanced settings, and I set the “Include in total” as “yes”
After this, i went to the energy tab and i check again the EM’s settings here. I was surprised, but i got a new setting here.

i Turned it on, and the problem was solved :slight_smile:

And yes, i’m using a HP2023 with the beta app, but it’s working as i see :wink:

Thanks for your help again (I contacted you about the robot vacuum at the end of last week)
Have a nice week :slight_smile:
Tamas

Just upgraded from Homey pro 2019 to 2023 and using the device Shelly 1.
Shelly 3.18.5
Homey v10.0.0-rc.65

Switch state temporary to (ON/OFF) Temporary switch for Duration in seconds seconds
don’t show anymore. Now i have set a countdown timer that when it runs out in flow it sets it to off again but the temporary on/off was way better.

As you might have guessed, this is a bug in HP2023 and not with the Shelly app. I’ll report it with the folks at Athom.

Hello, do Shelly devices and Homey need to be on the same network? I have an apartment with its own WiFi where I still want to have control over consumption. Any tips?

Use Homey Cloud together with the Shelly app. Devices will communicate over the cloud instead of LAN. Alternative is to use webhooks or MQTT but that is out of scope of this app.

Thank you for the tips. How do I use Homey Cloud?

You go to Google and search for it. Or click the link below.

Okey so I have activated cloud on the Shelly Plug S, and tried to connect with it through homey. Still nothing, any suggestions?

Yes, read beter what Homey Cloud is.

Hi!

I have installed two Shelly TRV- devices in my apartment.

• Added them to my Wifi just fine
  • Shelly Cloud app works fine
  • Adding them to Homey was also easy.

Yet I can not change any parameter from Homey (target temperature, profiles etc.). It only syncs changes from the Shelly Cloud app to Homey, not the other way around. Manual changes in homey app or flows does not change anything in Shelly Cloud.

Tried uninstalling and installing the devices with no luck.

I have a Homey Bridge and Homey Premium subscription.

Any help would be much appreciated.

As can be read in the app store the TRV is not fully supported on Homey Cloud. The Shelly API for Cloud control has no implemented commands for the TRV.

@ Phuturist
Hi! Small question: in the Shelly App, for a 3EM sensor, for phase 1, there is twice the Power value in “W”. What is the 2nd value, which is updated about every 1 minute? Is it an average of the 3 phases over one minute? Thank you very much!

Shelly devices no longer working via Homey Bridge. No error msg, Shelly devices works fine from native Shelly app. Seems to be something wrong with the Shelly Cloud and Homey Bridge integration. Stopped working early this morning. Restarted Bridge and router.

When you look at the device you should see it registered with “Total Power” as identifier. It’s the cumulative power over all three phases.

Have you restarted the app? The Bridge is not relevant here as the app runs on a Homey Cloud instance.

How do I restart the app? Can only find Uninstall…

Oh yeah, Homey Cloud is really limited. Click on install from the app store. I think that will do a reinstall and will force an app restart.

YES! Now we are talking again. Many thanx, problem solved!