[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Hey, remaking some flows did help. Apologies!

So this is what happens:
Shelly Motion with Firmware: 20220811-152232/v2.1.8
Homey Pro
Both in the same network.
Add Shelly device => Device shows up as new device.
Select it and click “continue”
Icon selection dialog shows up
press “use default”

Expected: Dialog finishes and device is added
Actual: Text is gone, title “Select Icon” is still visible. Nothing happens anymore. Eventually this times out, or I have to cancel it.

The motion sensors are know to be difficult to pair. The time out occurs because during pairing it needs to change some settings on the device. Apparently you are not letting the device awake long enough. Keep pushing the wake up button during pairing and make sure it’s connected to USB during pairing.

Since 2nd generation of Shellies, there is the option for them to act as bluetooth proxies.

Just wondering, it at some time Shelly-app would support that also?

Yes, I’ve no devices with a bad connection, but one device with a strange network behavior, I’ll try to disconnect the device.

Just a minute ago I had the ‘memory leak’ problem again and the app set itself to pause. Iv created a diagnostic report during the app pause with ID: 23049627-b708-404d-989f-bd731a85e5f1 Hope that helps (update: you’re very fast and replied already on the log during typing this post)

When I look at the memory usage in general, i see a slowly increase of the memory used by the Shelly app. I’m searching fot the app memory use on the Insights page but It’s only showing the total memory of the Homey

I’ve connected 43 Shelly devices:

• 3x Shelly 1
  • 2x Shelly 1PM
  • 1x Shelly 2.5
  • 1x Shelly 4PM
  • 22x Shelly Dimmer 2
  • 2x Shelly i3
  • 5x Shelly i4
  • 1x Shelly Plus 1
  • 1x Shelly Plus 1PM
  • 1x Shelly Plus S
  • 1x Shelly Pro 1
  • 1x Shelly Pro 2
  • 1x Shelly RGBW 2

Let me know if i can do anything else to solve/diagnose this issue

Not sure what needs to be done to make this work with Homey. I have no experience with apps for Bluetooth devices. But I’ll look into it.

For now there is no clear solution for the people suffering from the memory leak. Add mentioned some people had luck re-pairing Shelly devices that are giving networking issues, even directly from their web interface.

1 Like

Hi. I have exactly the same error. Shelly Flood with firmware: 20221027-092932/v1.12.1-ga9117d3.
Homey (Early 2018) running version 8.1.1.
Both in the same network and the same process and errors as SmartSmart.

My reaction is the same.

The flood sensors are know to be difficult to pair. The time out occurs because during pairing it needs to change some settings on the device. Apparently you are not letting the device awake long enough. Keep pushing the wake up button during pairing during pairing.

Thanks Phuturist. I had tried that, but this time I stood right next to the wifi access point and did it again, and it worked, thanks!

1 Like

@Phuturist thank you - with constantly shaking it during pairing, and having it connected to USB, this finally worked!

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve just added a Shelly +2pm to my Shelly account which I want to add to Homey but when I try to update Shelly found devices it doesn’t appear so I can’t add to Homey. Can you help?

Thanks,

Joe Carroll

Make sure it’s on the same network. If it is, reboot Homey. The mDNS discovery of Homey is flaky at times.

Hi,

I did both as suggested but nothing changed. I also removed Shelly and reloaded and the only one which was not found was the 2+PM.

Try resetting the 2PM.

Hi,

I did but nothing changed. What is also interesting is 2 Shelly devices which I’ve already paired continue to show up on the device found list. Go figure…

Please enlighten me. Do you know what the issue is?

Devices that show up in the pairing wizard might be paired with a deprecated driver and should be re-paired anyway. And is this on Homey Cloud or Pro?

Hi,
I purchased a new Shelly +2PM which I configured on the Shelly Web UI. It is active & connected to the cloud. I have a number of other Shelly devices which I’ve previously paired to my Homey Bridge. Both Homey & Shelly are on the same network. I’m attempting to add the new Shelly +2PM to Homey. However, when from Homey I “Choose the device you’d like to add to Homey”
I get the “Shelly Cloud Device” widget which I click on and follow the screen to connect which I do. In so doing I brought to the “New Device Found” screen of which the +2PM is absent. And there I sit…

Is it online when you log into https://home.shelly.cloud/ with the same credentials you used to log in Shelly Cloud from the Homey app?

Hi,

My user name is the same for both accounts but passwords are different. Both are connected to the same wifi network. I deleted all my Shelly devices from Homey and removed the Shelly app as a test.
I then reinstalled Shelly into Homey. Homey found all my original Shelly devices but the Shelly +2PM.
As mentioned prior, at the moment when I repeat the find process 2 Shelley’s I’ve already paired and 1 other Shelly I haven’t ( Shelly button) appear on the found list but not the +2PM.

Hi,

One thing that is different from my other Shelly devices is the Shelly+ 2PM is a second generation device.

https://shelly-api-docs.shelly.cloud/gen2/