[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Now I got the Oauth2 problem again on Beta/Bridge. No Shelly devices work. Message “Could not get OAuth2client”.

Not exactly the same as last time since I now kan add new Shelly devices and they work.

Do not want to remove the app and install again as I did last time. Too much time to re-add and rebuild flows.

Any ideas for solution?

Try the re-pair function under the device settings. I asked Athom about this error to see if they have a solution for this problem.

Have you seen this?

Tried the repair function for a couple of devices. Get to the login and login seems to work but the device do not work afterwards.

Don’t really know how to fix this (and it might not even be for me to fix) until I get a decent response from Athom. I’ll see if I can work around the issue in the code though. But the error basically means there is no valid session ID for the oauth2 client. I’m not sure I can work around that and I need a valid client to create a websocket connection with Shelly Cloud.

1 Like

Now it suddenly works. Have not done or changed anything.

Hi Phuturist, thanks again for your work on this. It’s been a while since I’ve needed to ask for help, but I’m out of ideas and the wife is out of patience.

I’m an early Homey (2016 model) and all gen 1 shelly devices connected to the cloud and firmware up to date. Working through shelly app. Homey and Shellies in the same VLAN.

All was working beautifully until I believe my issues started around either the Shelly 3.14.0 update or the Homey 8.1.0update (both were within a couple of days for me). and it manifests (when not crashing) as:

1. really slow commands- like up to 3 minutes for a motion sensor to trigger a light or a device card to switch the light on or off or update. Aquara motion sensors going into alarm in shelly app on motion, so it’s not the input. Also tried tiles in devices tab to switch lights with very delayed response.

2. I also can’t add a new Shelly 1 into homey with a timeout error.

3. App crashing a lot (checked memory and doesn’t seem to be the overflow others have reported). Almost daily.

I believe I’ve followed the troubleshooting list pinned at the top, the network settings, I’ve done various reboots of app and homey, I’ve checked COAP is working. The slow response indicates messages are getting through eventually so doesn’t seem to be network related unless Unifi updated something quietly and is causing the delays.

What else could i have missed?

I had the same problem and soved it.

1. Check if you entered correct WIFI password.
  2. If you had integrated the Shelly before you have to reset it.
  3. If 2. and you have given firm IP. Erase old IP as well in router. Check if the Old IP you have given Shelly is really erased.

This was my solution to the problem.

Slow response usally means CoAP is not working and updates depend on polling which only takes place once a minute. CoAP not working is either something related to network configuration, the IP of Homey changed and has not been updated under the CoIot setting in the Shelly devices or CoAP has been disabled in the app settings (without reading the warning about it being an advanced setting). If you followed the troubleshooting guide you have checked this already and there is not much I can do for you. You can send me diagnostig report from the app settings, perhaps there is something in there.

Thanks, it appears it is a CoAP message problem on my network. Almost as soon as I sent the last message it started working correctly. Worked for a day, then back to super-slow responses. Have spent the last couple of days in UniFi control panel changing settings ensuring no wifi AP overlaps etc. Had it working then Homey updated to Rc.3 and now I’m back to super slow.

It appears my network is blocking the CoAP without me changing any setting which is incredibly frustrating. Any hints on a full UniFi setup where to look? UDM Pro with AC-PRO about 3 feet from the homey. I’ve checked things like mdns are enabled on the network side. The shellies are all working immediately through their own app, so I assume this is a different communication protocol.

Thanks for the great app, I’ve come to rely on it and it’s really driving me up the wall that the network isn’t supporting it!

Perhaps someone else can help you out here. I wouldnt know. You do have configured a static IP for your devices and for Homey right? If Homey changes it’s IP address the Shelly devices cant send updates over CoAP as it’s configured with unicast and the IP address of Homey. And can you connect to the web UI of your Shellies when this issue occurs? And something to try is reconnect the Shelly from the Unifi controller and see if that temporarily fixes it.

Yesterday it started again for all Shelly devices. “Could not get OAuth2client”. Last time it started working again after a couple of days but wonder why.

The issue seems to occur after an app update and my guess is only on the deprecated cloud driver. Try re-pairing your cloud devices to see if that gets rid of the issue for good.

Hi Phuturist,

I noticed that the switch OFF function of input 1 of a Shelly 1 is no longer functional,.while the switch ON is working fine.

Is this a bug?

Thanks for all your work on the app!

Quin

If this really isn’t working i would think more people would have reported it. Without knowing the details I’m suspecting something on your end and not a bug. But please let me know if this is pro or could, share the flow that is not working and send me diagnostic report from the app settings.

Hi @Phuturist with the latest version of the Shelly App, I have problems adding new devices. I do have a Motion Sensor (gen1) with latest firmware. It shows up, but on the Icon selection dialog I fail. After pressing “use default”, the “save” button is just gone and I cannot finish the setup. Any ideas?

A very good one. Read the pairing instructions and follow them to the letter. It will fix your issue.

well, I did, and it does not. Latest firmware, same network, all reachable, but not showing up. Also with being connected to the Shelly app, and being awake for sure. Anything else?

Seemed to be a Wi-Fi issue. Ziggo and TP Link Deco M4. Ziggo Wi-Fi optimization was still running, as was the native Ziggo network.

I shut all of that off and now it seems to work fine…

Not showing up is something different to not being able to finish pairing after selecting the icon. Please be specific about your issue. And please let me know the firmware version of the device you are trying to pair of you do get stuck on the icon select screen.