[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

HEy Jonas…I had the same problem…and solved it…reset the Shelly…than give him a fix Ip and it works…I was trying a few days which was the problem…and the IP was not identical.

Okay, will try that, thanks for looking into it. If I find anything I will let you know!

Daan201

I have got exactly the same problem for all my shellyi3 devices.
They are on the latest firmware.

Any clue how to solve it?
Thanks Frank

Did you read the reply of the app developer on the post you’re referring to?

1 Like

Temperature doesn’t seem to be correct. Maybe nr are farenheit but are displayed with c for Celsius. My units are 50-60c hot but in reality I think they are around 7-15C.
It is correct that I as a Swede will se nr in Celsius but they seem incorrect.

The temperature sensor is inside the device and since it generates a bit of heat itself that will never be able to show ambient temperature. If it’s one of their pucks mounted inside a wall I’d say somewhere around 55C is what you can expect.

Ok.
Even if I know it is inside and not to use as a temperature sensor for a room. I try to use it for alarms if the unit is heating up to much. But that’s hard when temperature seems so far from reality.

Are you really sure you are not using Fahrenheit instead of Celsius?
Because that is what I first suspected.
But Fahrenheit seems a little bit low temperature.
I mean if homey uses “temperature” tF instead of “temperature” tC and present it as Celsius.
But in that case I have very low temperatures 5-25 Celsius. but if it is correct than it is extremely high temperatures.
If frame height and Celsius I mixed I have from 4c to 26c that could almost be correct. It shows as around 39c-78c which seems very high.
If the unit really has 78 Celsius even if it is inside, I will start to worry some.

Hälsningar
Tomas Jonsson

My app only reads out the value in Celsius. This is what the Shelly is reporting as device temperature. Take it up with Allterco Robotics if you are worried about this being high.

1 Like

Hi @Phuturist ,

I am really enjoying your hard work with the shelly app. Thanks a lot for being the backbone of my house :wink:

There is a question I have for a long time and hopefully you have a solution. I want to change the dim level on multiple dimmers depending on the time of day. Currently I am triggering on ‘when turned on’ and then it will adjust the brightness. This gives sometimes a bit of an annoying flash when the previous dimlevel was 100%. Is it possible to set the dim level of a device without turning it on? The option ‘change dim level’ will always turn the device on.

Thanks!

Hi.

I’ve reported connection errors some time ago. Just want report that I no longer have any errors.

So a HUGES thanks to @Phuturist for his effort and great work on this Shelly app.

This seems to be an ongoing debate between users that want to turn the light on when setting the dim level and users that do not want this. In a future release I’ll create a custom command card to allow to send, well duh, custom commands and only send dim level without turning on.

I’d love to take credits for this but connection issues are usually not solved by code changes but by changes in the configuration (network or hardware). But good to hear things are working nicely.

1 Like

The temp sensor is inside the unit and depending on the temperature of the board.
Any ideas of using it other than a possible overload of the unit?

Nope, because that’s exactly why it’s there. It’s measuring the device temperature.

If you want to measure external temperature you can connect an external sensor.

@Phuturist Hi, since 3.13.0 I have no problems with the application :slight_smile: There is no message about stopping the application, keep it up;)

1 Like

Could you post a screenshot from the app memory usage from your Homey Insights. I’m curious how the memory usage is.

If you ask me, unfortunately I have Homey Bridge and I do not have such data.

I got 12 Shelly Pro 1PM

Interesting memory leak and crash that happens 2-3 times a week for me.

Nice straight line. You only have these 12 Pro 1PM devices and no other Shelly devices connected? And this is on Homey Pro right?

Correct i only own those 12 shelly devices from shelly so far. It is on a early 2019 Pro unit.

Some additional info. I have 46 apps running on my homey pro with a total of 151 devices. I have the ability to run specific version off the app on my early 2018 unit that i use for dev and testing. It only have 2 apps on it atm and can be reset when ever i like.