[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

I have also the same with a normal flow on my Mac Book, no issues with my iPhone so far. Tried various webbrowsers, cleared cache, etc.

Looks like a web-app issue or something.

It’s a bug in the code. I’ll fix it right away.

Thanks! You’re the best!

1 Like

Morning,

Looks like it’s working now, many thanks!

Use /shelly for plus devices. Worked for me

Hi Phuturist. Thank you so much for looking in to this.

I’ll test it out.
I havn’t recived any EHOSTUNREACH errors the last 3 days.
Still lose connection to the devices, have added your test to log if the device i reachable or not.

Using Cloud/beta. Shelly stopped working for me a couple of days ago, probably when app updated. Only have non plus / pro devices. When I try to add devices I get message in pic.

Probably missing something simple but what :slight_smile:

Today I re-added my Shelly devices using the new generic driver. Works like a charm!
And thanks to the great script by @martijnpoppen, repairing my flows was done in the wink of an eye.

Thanks @Phuturist for your work on the Shelly app and the community here. Much appreciated!
Enjoy the beer I bought you!

2 Likes

:beers:

1 Like

What is the error when you loose connection? I assume the device will show a EHOSTUNREACH error when this happens?

Doesnt look simple at all. The error originates in the OAuth2 module from Athom. It looks like oauth2 authentication wasnt succesful but I can not reproduce. Try pairing the device using the web interface with an incognito tab. This will force a new oauth2 login and should refresh the access token. Another thing to try is temporary install the test version of the app. This will force an app restart and might also clean invalid oauth2 sessions.

That’s maybe not the best way to move this comment.
Been removing shelly devices from Homey and then re adding them to Homey and its’s been a mixed bag. Wired always on relays went generally ok, although they are now much slower to respond in Shelly’s own phone app if I’m not on home wifi. The door window 2 sensors are refusing to re add though. I’ve reset them both by pushing and holding the button on the devices themselves, re added them to Shelly app, prior to this the process of removing them from homey seemed to result in them going offline and staying that way. Now though they are showing online in shelly app but not updating.
Perturbed

That is what mine are showing
And trying to access the web interface is virtually impossible for battery devices. They seem to refuse to stay online now.

They aren’t online all the time. They go to sleep and only wake up periodically, on events and when the button inside the device is pushed. So when pairing you need to keep on pushing that button every 30 seconds or so to prevent it from going to sleep again. Having said that, I never got my DW2 to work properly until the point that I tossed it. It just didnt work for me with similar behaviour as to what you are describing. Other battery operated Shellies work fine though. I’m afraid I cant really help you with that much further.

1 Like

Tried web app incognito tab but got same message. Can not install test version since I am on Cloud/Beta. Tried reinstalling Shelly app but that did not help either.

Next step uninstall Shelly app and reinstall or any other suggestions?

I appreciate the reply. I have 2 of them, did have 3 but one was DOA and for what they cost it was more trouble than it was worth to get replaced. I had managed to make them work well enough but have ordered Frient instead to replace one of the DW2 as an experiment. The batteries cost as much as the device so won’t be buying again. My 3 Shelly 1 relays work well, although they respond faster via Homey than Shelly phone app :grin: Presume that Homey works via local connection

Do you have to enter Shelly Cloud login credentials when trying to pair devices? And if so, do you actually have cloud enabled for any Shelly devices?

I can see the login to account screen for like a millisecond before getting the error message. Have cloud enabled for all devices and it works good from the Shelly app.

Have you recently changed your Shelly Cloud login? It seems it’s trying to auto login based on an existing oath2 session which fails and which is not handle correctly by the oaut2 login module of Athom.

What happens if you first go to my.shelly.cloud and login there? It’s not that actual oauthw endpoint but perhaps that clears the invalid session.

Have not changed my password.

my.shelly.cloud works fine but it does not help with Homey, same error message.

Only change I have done recently is a flow that restarts itself and works as a timer. Could it be that Shelly does not like that and has kicked me out?