[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Hi,

I’ve been using Homey Pro for a couple of days now and added a couple of Shelly devices I had. But I can’t use the color wheel in the webapp for my Shelly Bulb RGBW in Firefox, it’s not possible to pick the color you want. In Chrome it works ok.

What I did

1. Open webapp in Firefox 103.0 on Linux (Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS)
  2. add “Shelly Bulb RGBW”
  3. click on device
  4. go to color wheel
  5. move circle to different color
  6. the circle now only moves as a function of vertical mouse movement in a very limited way and it’s not possible to position the circle freely.

What I expected

• to be able to position the circle freely on the color wheel

How to solve

• Use chrome based browser (tried Chrome and Chromium)

From homey support

Hi Damian,

Thank you for reporting this issue!

Unfortunately, like you said yourself, this issue concerns an app that is not developed by us, but by a developer in our community.
We cannot see what is going wrong because we didn’t wrote its code. We aren’t experiencing any issue regarding our own systems.

I see that the developer released an update 1 hour ago for its Shelly app, perhaps this will resolve your issue? If it doesn’t please reach out once more to its developer.
Best Regards,

You should report this to Athom support. As app developer I have no control over how the webinterface works under Firefox.

1 Like

I did, they sent me here :slight_smile:

So you’re saying, that as an app developer you just use the color wheel module (api) provided by Athom?
(I’m asking so I can provide a little feedback to what I assume is first line support at Athom)

Cheers,
Marc.

I already answered you. This seems to be an issue with the Shelly Cloud server instance you are on or with the network traffic between your Homey Cloud server and the Shelly Cloud server. Homey cloud cant reach Shelly cloud. My reaction was:

Try at a later time, as mentioned it indicates issues with your specific Shelly Cloud server. That’s out of my hands.

I understand you want this fixed ASAP and you blame me for this issue seeying your lousy rating in the app store (after no issues for months I may add). But once again, it’s not something I can solve. The reaction from Athom is a standard reaction but it wont make any difference to what I already said.

I’m not at all motivated to resolve your issue at all seeying the way you communicate but I’ll ask the guys from Allterco Robotics if there are known issues with their cloud.

Yes, I just assign capabilities to the device and the smartphone app and webinterface to control these capabilities are developed by Athom. It is absolutely possible the color wheel does not work properly when controlling a device if an app developer screwed up the controlling API behind it. But if it works on Chrome and not on Firefox its definitely a browser compatibility issue with their webinterface.

It’s a Homey/Athom issue, the exact same error message also occurs for other apps (not right now, but it shows that it’s generated by Athom code):

1 Like

ok, thanks, that makes sense. I’ll try the support again.

I was able to reproduce this issue on a clean environment. The issue is definitely caused by Homey Cloud. You should go and give them a 2-star rating, there is nothing more I can do for you. Here is the error log for communication with Athom support.

undefined.svg:1          GET https://icons-cdn.athom.com/undefined.svg 403
trycatch.ts:181          POST https://60e448028f3d990c01a3fa59.homey.eu-central-1.homeycloud.net/api/manager/drivers/pairsession 500
instrument.ts:124 Shelly is temporarily unavailable, it will be back shortly.: Shelly is temporarily unavailable, it will be back shortly.
    at https://my.homey.app/static/js/754.8a980119.js:2:2102428

[EDIT]
Reaction from Athom: Okay, apprently it’s a known issue on our end but thanks for drawing it to our attention again. They are working on it.

Tell me how should I rate the application, how can I not run it properly? I deleted the reviews, I hope it will improve your mood. I give homey an appropriate opinion, so don’t worry about it :slight_smile:

I usually rate apps after I’ve used them for a while. Right now, it seems like you’re blaming the developer for issues with Homey (although to be fair, Athom is also blaming the developer for their own mess).

Okay, clear. I’ll have to remove and pair again each device, and update all related flows. That will take some time to deal with (60+ devices) but isn’t Armageddon either. :wink: Thank you for your quick response.

As mentioned in the release notes, only Plus/Pro devices really have to be re-paired. All gen1 devices will continu to work. They will only show a deprecation notice. So only if you want to get rid of this notice you will need to re-pair them.

Do you have any unofficial information when the connection is going to work?

Nope, but seeying the post that @robertklep posted with previous mentions of this issue it seems to be a long lasting and returning issue with Homey Cloud. As the response today from Athom was that it is a known issue with the development team which is being worked on I guess it’s being worked on for months now. So that does not sound very promising. But I could be wrong ofcourse, you should ask Athom support about this directly. I informed the support manager to not redirect these reports back to me so perhaps they are a little more helpful this time.

the app is regularly unusable. Shelly is all over my house. once i reinstall the app. and add 1 device it works fine. but as soon as I want to add 1 more the app doesn’t work again, it says “shelly is temporarily unavailable, it will be back shortly” this has been going on for 2 days and I try to install it again every time.
I’m using homey bridge.

It was just explained that this isn’t an issue with the app but with Homey Cloud. You have to ask Athom to fix it (although they will probably tell you that you need to contact the app developer, but that’s false information).

Like Robert says, you should be saying Homey Cloud is regularly unusable. Please complain with Athom support about this, it’s out of my hands.

1 Like

Oke thanks. I’m going to talk to anthom about this again

Hi and sorry to ask, but does v3.10.5 of the Shelly app for the Shelly 3EM now contain the instantaneous total power value? It would be very useful to have this value without having to do a calculation to sum the three values, and thus get the instant import/export power value in W.
Thank you very much in advance for your answer!