[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

I tried to install v3.9.12 in beta and it works fine!

How did you install the beta?

Itā€™s not beta, itā€™s just awaiting approval by Athom because they donā€™t trust the developers.

1 Like

I experience the same problems as @tommykk. I also updated the app, first v3.9.11, now this morning to v3.9.12.

Problem description: Enable Shelly Dimmer2 via Homey app, icon Shelly turns on, then turns off after a few seconds. The light switched via the Shelly does nothing at all.
The same for PlugS, however the power consumption of the PlugS is displayed and updated.

Enabling/disabling the Shelly via HTTP web browser or via the Shelly Cloud app does work.

Restart the app, wait a couple of minutes, try to switch the dimmer on/off and send a diagnostic report afterwards. Perhaps I can see what is going on.

Thanks for checking!

cb2471fc-e350-4b12-ab30-de97637e169a

Thanx, it looks like you skipped some app versions in the past which contained vital changes in the Homey device storage/structure. Due to this it now does not receive updates. Re-pairing the device will fix it.

Ok, clearā€¦ Thanks for looking into it!

1722c053-a4d0-4039-ba04-41eb4e663b9f

Same here, I canā€™t delete or control the devices.

Same response. It looks like you skipped some app versions in the past which contained vital changes in the Homey device storage/structure. Due to this it now does not receive updates. Re-pairing the device will fix it.

Hi,

I donā€™t understand, I have Shelly device around three weeks, max a month! How come I have skipped versions!

Edit, I canā€™t repair devicesā€¦ if I removed Shelly app, devices stay showing up and I canā€™t removed them.

Odd. It must be something else then. Iā€™ll look into it.

Re-pairing is not the same as removing and re installing the app. You need to delete the device from Homey and add it again.

I think I found the issue, well at least my issue is fixed. And problem was Homey itself with Shelly app. I have restore my yesterday backup and problem is solved.

Thanks for your thoughts.

1 Like

Hi!

I have a bunch of Shelly Dimmer 2 installed at home and I just got a few Zigbee switches from Namron. The switches support ā€œpressā€, ā€œholdā€ and ā€œreleaseā€. Would it be possible to get the dimmers to continiously dim up/down on ā€œholdā€?

Thanks for a great product and app! :v:

Dimmer2 from Shelly doesnā€™t support transition like this. There are a few other possible options to get this result, but there are a few options on the forum like: [HOWTO][PRO] Dim lights with buttons using transitions

Thanks for clearing that out for me. :slight_smile: What dimmer/hardware should I get in order to get this working? Iā€™m not to keen on deep diving in complicated flow setups if thereā€™s another/simpler way doing it. :slight_smile:

Hi Phuturist!
I use your application Shelly and I really appreciate it, thank you! I just have a question regarding the Shelly 3EM support: would it be possible to add a value feedback of the total value of the 3 phases (ā€œTotal Powerā€, positive if power is taken from the grid, negative if power is returned to the grid), as found in the Shelly cloud? This would avoid the need for an additional calculation flow.
Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Yes, Iā€™ll look into it.

Great thanks a lot! The Shelly 3EM is used a lot to manage the charge of electric vehicles in connection with solar panels, and in this context the total power value (Export, negative value) of the house is very important. Thanks a lot!

Hi, Iā€™m having problems adding a Shelly Door/Window 2 to Homey.
It has a static IP in my network and I can access its web page.
I can add it in the Shelly Android app but it is not found by Homey and if I try manual add in Homey, I get unknown error :frowning:
This particular DW2 sensor has previously been installed on this Homey, but Homey did not report its values so I uninstalled it, hoping reinstall would fix it. That has worked with other device typesā€¦
I have over 100 other Shelly devices installed, this is the only DW2.
The Homey is a 2019 Pro running 7.4.2 and Shelly 3.9.12