[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

I didnt change, it’s set to the device class heater which is the correct device class. If other Shelly TRV’s work it’s not related to my app. If this is the same TRV which was not auto discovered the issue is probably within your configuration.

As far as I know the Shelly sets the moving state (opening and closing). When not moving the state is always idle. If you want tot detect if it’s opened or closed you could use the blinds position.

It’s probably the normal behaviour for Shellies in roller mode. You’d have to ask Allterco Robotics to be sure though. My app only responds to the triggers send by the device.

1 Like

@Phuturist
This morning I tried to add the TRV again and it was added successfully (via the usual including procedure - not the manual one)

(but it still does not appear in Alexa…)

Okay, so “omlaag” and “omhoog” are moving states, in that case I misinterpreted the meaning.
Seems strange however than that it does seem to detect “omhoog” when the screen is in open position (not moving!)

I know of the possibility to use logic to check the position (1 and 0 and inbetween) tnx

I see that action events is back for most devices in Cloud/beta, great! Unfortunately my Shelly 1 does not show up under action event. Do you think it will be available soon for Shelly 1 (otherwise I probably shift it for another device).

Hmmm, when I initially added the Shelly 1 these action events wherent available. Guess they are now. I will add them in a next release.

1 Like

After the update and adjusting my generic actions for my Shelly 4PM Pro’s (detached mode) it refuses to switch on my Phillips Hue lights. Anyone has the same issue and / or know how to solve it?

Have you tried the obvious possible solution like restarting Homey?

I’ve restarted Homey and Shelly and even deleted the Shelly app and reinstalled the app. I must be overseeing something.

Is it just the flow for switching your hue lights that is not working? If so, post your flow here. Or is the device unreachable? If so, what error does it show? Or is the device reachable but it does not respond to actions, if so, what error is shown when trying to control the device?

Hi Phurist,

When testing the flow, the lights go on. But when I physicly try to switch, nothing happens. No error, nothing.

If it’s in detached mode, how would the device recognize a button event?

Because my Philips Hue has to have power all the time. If it’s not in detached mode it cuts the power from the relai. If it’s in detached pode it sends a Wifi signal to Homey which translates it to Zigbee to my Philips Hue.

It worked before the update.

Do you know how to run the app from the command line as described here: [HOW TO] CLI install method

I could create a debug version that would tell me more on what is going on.

And could you tell me what firmware your Shelly 4PRo PM is running?

good morning
Have somebody this problem? that every day 2 days the shelly app crashd then all Shelly’s are up
red symbol mark and with app a pause symbol

Hi @Phuturist, I seem to have found a bug. Since a while, homey isnt able to convince Shelly to ‘dim to 100%’. It has never been a problem before, but it is now. Can you reproduce this bug or is it part of my settings?

Same issue here, I’ve just opened a bugreport:

Yes same issue here. I already was wondering why my lights were so bright at nights :joy:.

If the device is in detached mode the button press events still work. I let my lights dim at night and this is triggered by button press. I then need to select detached because otherwise it the button press registered at the shelly because of the momentary press registration turns on and the registration of that same press managed by homey turns it off again. Very annoying. So detached solves this, unfortunately this also means if the homey is offline for some reason I don’t have a backup, eg the physical buttons don’t work anymore.

What device? And does it occur only when the light is switched off or also when the light is on?

Doesnt sound like the same issue. I’ll fix this in the next release.

Both, it seems.

It seems as well that Shelly doesn’t update the new dim status but just switches on the last used value.