True, but tbh, single quotes or double quotes should work to afaik.
Anyway, using the expression card for this is kind of a waist for performance. The string is already combined/finished by the default homey way of inputting text with tokens, and running the javascript engine to just return it as string/text is not needed.
Hi all, I’m stuck and hope some people much cleverer than me can help.
I have a FIFO buffer for logging to Google Sheets. Sheets is quite finnicky about rate limiting so I built a rate limiter which feeds my log lines slowly to Google Sheets. This works well although it’s overly complex and I’m trying to simplify. This is where I get stuck. I have a function in BLL: function(s) { let a = s.split(‘|’); return {gesplitst:a}; }
I then have a card
which takes the input from variable bll.arr.ratelimit.queue: [“Koelkast|02-dec-2025 23:40:07|721.31|35||||||”,“Weer|03-dec-2025 00:00:00|Bewolkt|100|1010|4.8|6.6|88|⇑ ZZO 2|9”,“Verbruik|03-dec-2025 00:00:00|335|31574.116|5806.75|0|0|3||”,“Badkamer|03-dec-2025 00:00:00|45.4|22.5||||||”,“Keuken|03-dec-2025 00:00:00|58|20|2|159||||”,“Natte ruimte|03-dec-2025 00:00:00|45.3|22.5||||||”,“Zolderkamer|03-dec-2025 00:00:00|53.9|21.1||||||”,“Werkkamer|03-dec-2025 00:00:00|47.4|21.4|47.4|21.4||||”,“Energieprijs|03-dec-2025 00:00:05|03-dec-2025|2025-12|0,1|0,34|0,2631|0|0|”,“Hoofdslaapkamer|03-dec-2025 00:00:00|49|20.7||||||”,“Hal|03-dec-2025 00:00:00|50.7|21||||||”,“Tuin|03-dec-2025 00:00:00|24|11|36|0|60|0||”,“Woonkamer|03-dec-2025 00:00:00|17|18.8|6.6|9|0.0050000000001091|||”,“Koelkast|03-dec-2025 00:00:28|721.32|33||||||”]
and peels off one item such as [“Koelkast|02-dec-2025 23:40:07|721.31|35||||||”] and then feeds the result {“gesplitst”:[“Koelkast|02-dec-2025 23:40:07|721.31|35||||||]} to JSON Handler:
This is then ready to be logged to different columns in Google Sheets.
So this all works great, but I want to get rid of the BLL function since it’s hard to maintain, troubleshoot etc. So I’ve been experimenting with HomeyScript cards (but they don’t do objects or JSON as tag, only text/boolean/number, so that won’t work with JSON Handler) and BLL cards Execute BLL Expression (as tag) and Execute text (as tag), but whatever I try, I get identical-looking output but JSON Handler keeps saying Missing token value: action::87796ea1-afd6-45f9-8c29-f71f07a1d6c6::text
How do you re-use a BLL-variable? I can set it, but I’ve tried everything I could think of, but I see no way to use one in a calculation. If I have for example VarName than the following don’t work: VarName, “VarName”, $VarName, [VarName], {VarName}, [{VarName}].
How do I save a value from another app (Find Me) to a BLL variable?
Example: “When distance from Home(y) in mi becomes less than ‘# tracker distance’ (a BLL numeric variable) Then set ‘# tracker distance’ to distance from Home(y) in mi. I then do a “Send ‘# tracker distance’” to my phone.
Using Homey pro 2023 v 12.11.0 & better logic library 3.4.16, i see that some of my variables, even if they seem ok in BLL, are not displayed in the homey insight graphs.
In the picture joined as example, the 3 BLL variables are defined the same way, but only 2 are displayed.
Going in the application, i can see the values of the variables are correctly defined.
(The history of values is usefull for debugging my heating system)
at first thank you for your work here with these apps. I’m quite new to Homey and learning still. I have problem with BLL, it seems to crash frequently. I’m using in Docker, no cpu or ram limit. During night I backup Homey, for this the container is being stopped.
During the day I can find them BLL is not working anymore. I’m using it in Device Capabilities and Flows. I recognize this because BLL expressions are not calculated anymore in DC.
When I restart BLL in Homey then I can see immediately BLL running again. How long I can’t say exactly.
After backup when the Homey container starts I already tried a flow which restarts BLL after 6 Minutes, sadly no success.
thank you Im using btrfs on Unraid on my cache where SHS data is stored. I was thinking over the snapshot backup too but I am honest, I didn’t look more deep into it. The backup and restore with Appdata Backup/restore works that great without any problems, I wouldn’t like to switch away from this
I will try different things but keep your advise in my mind
Better flowcard titles, descriptions, hints and argument names.
Most used cards are highlighted, thus on the top of the list.
The Return as Tag flowcards will always try to fill all Tags (text, number and yes/no) if possible.
Improved support for JSON in Return as Tag cards.
Sustained flowcards:
The BLL App has 3 new flowcards: When [[variable]] is [[condition]] [[value]] for [[time]] [[unit]], execute [[execute]]
These cards will execute when a variable has been a certain value for a specific period.
When f.i. using a condition of ‘equal to 5 for 5 seconds’ Execute once means this card will be triggered once after the condition has been met and stays true for 5 seconds. Repeatedly means, as long as the condition is met, this card will be executed every 5 seconds.