[APP][Pro] Advanced Virtual Device (Device Capabilities App) with Unique Text Status Indicator

Hi @Arie_J_Godschalk

Question. I have 4 airco indoor units. Each indoor unit has a tile. And when long pressed I get a sub menu with a dropdown menu. And each value in the dropdown menu contains other values. Like in the pictures. Now I want to make one ADV in which I can select a indoor unit with the accommodating settings. Is this possible?

The below pictures are from the menu of one of the units.

1 Like

Ah, I searched an just wanted to ask the same Q for a thermostat:

I’d like to be able to set the values, and also read the values when they are changed.
EDIT: on / within an ADV

The shared flow to see if the sensor is still awake is a nice tool. Can the script this also be added to my flower sensors from Xiaomi?

1 Like

Het @Peter_Kawa and @Dennis_van_Dinter ,

I have the feeling that those are not the same questions.
@Dennis_van_Dinter , Do you mean: You want to be able to add Pickers/Dropdowns to AVD?
If so, i haven’t fount a solution to dynamicly add Pickers/Dropdowns.

@Peter_Kawa Do you mean you want to set the Picker/Drodown value of a non-AVD device?
If so, the Set Capability flowcards from DC App can be used to set a picker/dropdown value of a device.

Well, the idea is to create a ADV and within that ADV select one of 4 indoor units and then be able to set its temperature or its heating or cooling mode. That would mean it’s should be dynamicly, I guess.

If this not possible, then is it possible to create a menu style like in the screenshot but only for 1 device. So basically only mimicking the menu style.

I’m working on a AVD Thermostat, which should hold a mode “wheel”, just like the tado thermostat on the screenshot.
It should be able to work with both receiving and sending commands:

• set a mode (it’s plain text) via flowcards, something like this:

• when the mode is changed or set on the AVD tile, it should write the new mode to a text-tag, and flowcard, to be able to control an other device, something like this:
    Screenshot from 2022-09-27 19-05-43

My flower sensors send temperature values, so they are reported between the temperature sensors
However, I made a mistake in the flow, the contact sensor check was added twice :crazy_face:
You can replace the script in the last HomeyScript flowcard, with this code below.
The TEF file is also updated, you can just import it again.

Code (clickme)
// Sensor.Temperature_Check, to check Temperature sensors connection by comparing last update times
let array = [];

const devices = await Homey.devices.getDevices({ filter: {class: 'sensor', capabilities: 'measure_temperature'} });
_.forEach(devices, device => {
array.push( device.name  + '\t==> ' + device.capabilitiesObj?.measure_temperature.lastUpdated?.substring(0,16) );
});

//oldest date on top sort array = ["time_stamp device", "time_stamp device", "time_stamp device" ]
const array_sorted = array.slice().sort(function(time_stamp, device) { 
 const firsttime_stamp = time_stamp.split(" ")[0];
 const secondtime_stamp = device.split(" ")[0];
 if(firsttime_stamp < secondtime_stamp) return -1;
 if(firsttime_stamp > secondtime_stamp) return 1;
 return 0;
});

console.log("Temperature sensors:\n" + array_sorted.join('\n') + "\n\nSensor.Temperature_Check.js");

Homey.flow.runFlowCardAction({
        uri: 'homey:manager:notifications',
        id: 'create_notification',
        args: {
          text: "Temperature sensors:\n" + array_sorted.join('\n') + "\n\nSensor.Temperature_Check.js"
        },
      });
return array_sorted.join('\n');

2 Likes

Thank you this is also works for me.
only the timestamps don’'t exacly the right time.
I can see it is go worng on the motion sensors. i was not at home :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Okay, we are at 39, great!
But i am going for 61 (at least, try :wink: ), because as far as i can tell, 60 likes for a post is the most ever on this forum.

So if we can get to 61, we truly have a legit petition towarts Athom!
It would give it some real strength.

So, please send this message to everyone you know on this forum, to sign/like the petition?

For Everyone who wants a Text Status Indicator (as Device Tile) without a zero or dash in front of it, goto this Petition as hit the Like button!

1 Like

Shared on Dutch “Homey Gebruikers en Flows” Facebook group

1 Like

Shared in the German-Forum to like your pedition !

2 Likes

Allready at 47!
Just 14 to go!

2 Likes

I’ve started another pedition. If you agree with me, please leave a like.
Homey developer award for Arie !

7 Likes

Dear @Emile,

We have been holding a petition (post 73).
Up until now, 60 likes to a reply was the most on the entire Homey Community Forum.
For this petition, 123 people have allready signed (liked)!
The most reply-likes ever on this forum!

We very much hope that this great amount (of likes) bears weight.

The petition: We would like Empty Number capabilities, to not have a dash or zero in front of it, in Web and Mobile.

Let me explain: currently, i am allready in contact with Athom Support (request 45408) about the fact that, when a number capability has not (yet) a value, it is displayed in Web as a dash, while in Mobile it is not displayed at all at the device tile.
And in the device tab, capabilities that are empty, the title fanishes completly.

This difference should be fixed, and we as a community have a prefered way:

• The most prefered way: Add a capabilityOption (for numbers) called preventEmptyDash or preventEmptyZero.
    When this is put to true, the dash or zero (whatever you would like to make default) wil not be shown in Web or Mobile, only the Units will be displayed.
  • A less prefered way: Just remove the Dash or Zero completly when it’s number is empty, only show Units.
    This will not be “breaking current way” because there is no current way, Web and Mobile are different.
    And as a developer, knowing Homey a little bit, i cannot imagen that this would be much work.

Since the development of Advanced Virtual Devices less then 2 months ago, hundreds of people have allready created an AVD with Status Text Indicator. And many of them ask the same question: How can i remove the leading dash or zero on the device tile.

We kindly and humbly ask that you take this into consideration and the great amount of community supporters and app developers that signed the petition. This is really wanted!

Kind regards,

Arie J. Godschalk

Current situation:

image Web
image Same moment in Mobile

Current “solution” used:

image Web
image Mobile

The petition:

8 Likes

Just added:
Disable Zone Activity for Yes/No fields type Alarm (motion or contact) when Creating Flow Cards (act as real alarm).
When You disable Zone Activity, the zone will not activate when motion or contact is triggered.

3 Likes

Hi @Arie_J_Godschalk

I used one of your screenshots as a reference.

Is it possible to add a IF-flowcart to the 5 devices in your screenshot, so if I select one of the 5 devices from the dropdown it triggers the flow.

Or maybe I’m missing some way this already can be done.

1 Like

Do you mean, is there any way i can let you trigger something in a flow, based on which of the 5 sliders you select / is active?

Yes, indeed. That way I could create multiple on/off buttons, which also creates that dropdown. And based on the selected button I can change what the buttons in the button section do.

So if I create 2 on/off buttons for 2 smart speakers. And then I create one volume up button and one volume down button and depending on the smart speaker selected in the on/off menu, volume goes up or down for that selected speaker. That way I can create that menu for the airconditioners I discussed with you. Making it (more) dynamic??

That would be very lovely, but, unfortuntly, i cannot “read” user-interface action.
The DC App has no idea which item from the select you have selected.
This for clear reasons: You can have multiple phones/homey-apps, thus multiple different selections.

The best i could do for you, is a option to create a Ternary (image below)

If i am correct, i can create multiple Ternaries, which would give you a selection list in the top, just as with multiple OnOff buttons.
For you current Volume example, this works just fine (you have a extra mute then ;), but i asume you want more then just volume up/down/mute.

And currently, that is not yet a option.
I hope to find a solution to be able to create Pickers / selectionlist dynamic, but haven’t so far.

Currently, the best way would to place a few buttons at the top: that would be the selection, and then the volume buttons below them.

Ok. Anyway thank you for clearing that up. It is what it is. But still…Great, great app!