[APP][Pro] Advanced Virtual Device (Device Capabilities App) with Unique Text Status Indicator

My guess is it works best with Advanced flow.

1 Like

Advanced flows have the same problem for me, when I click brand or device type, no autocomplete appears.
A call to autocomplete is made, but an empty array is returned as JSON response:

1 Like

Ill have another look at it asap!

I really like this app!

Would it be possible to add a predefined list with values:

• auto
  • low
  • medium
  • high
  • turbo

I have built an integration with my Samsung ACs, and would like to use this list to set the AC Fan Mode.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Lucasz,

Welcome toe the forum!

I have just written a How-To-Request a predefined list:

Please send me a PM with the needed texts, and i will add them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Arie,

Thanks, and thanks for your quick reply!
I canā€™t send PMs yet since I canā€™t find the option anywhere, so I hope this is ok:

"title": {
      "en": "Auto, Low, Medium, High, Turbo"
    },
    "values": [
      {
        "id": "auto",
          "en": "Auto",
          "nl": "Auto",
          "de": "Auto"
        }
      },
      {
        "id": "low",
          "en": "Low",
          "nl": "Laag",
          "de": "Niedrig"
        }
      },
      {
        "id": "medium",
          "en": "Medium",
          "nl": "Medium",
          "de": "Mittel"
        }
      },
      {
        "id": "high",
          "en": "High",
          "nl": "Hoog",
          "de": "Hoch"
        }
      },
      {
        "id": "turbo",
          "en": "Turbo",
          "nl": "Turbo",
          "de": "Turbo"
        }
      }
    ],
1 Like

Yeah, thats fine.

I have added the list and itā€™s in review/test:

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the effort to make Homey better <3

What about we just make it possible to select any custom string-type capability to show on the deviceā€™s tile? Seems like the most elegant solution to me!

8 Likes

Youā€™re welcome!
And thanks for letting me (try)! :wink:

Well yeah, that would be very nice, neat, more consistant and probebly less -if-then-else-else-else statements for you to program :wink:

So, i am aboluty down with that idea!

2 Likes

This has finally been resolved in version 2.9.20.

2 Likes

Hello all,

I hope that Iā€™m in the good forum for my question. Actually I try for the first time to use this wonderful app. The first thing that I want to try is to import a TEF (The demo one actually: The Flow Exchange(r) - Exchange Your Flows with Others! - #3 by Arie_J_Godschalk).

Iā€™m opening the app settings, click on import, paste the TEF in the text area, click on ā€œRead Flowsā€ and ā€¦ nothingā€¦
I tried with other TEF without success.
Could somebody explain to me what could be the problem please ?

Best,
Jerome

Hey Jerome, im looking into it, but quick question? Which version of DC are you on?
Because the last few days, there was a bug in it making TEFs not work.
That was solved in this mornings published version.

EDIT

NVM, itā€™s a bug in DC, ill solve it asap.

Sorry about that, but for HP2023 i have made many changes to DC and by mistake, to solve another bug, i release an HP2023 build into live.
Now, i thought i had solved all issues, but that seems to be not the case.

Iā€™ll let you know when i have it working again.

EDIT

This only effects TEF export/import, templates etc.
Not AVDs themself or the rest of the apps functionalities.

I am really looking forward to using my ā€œoldā€ Homey for development and building some good release-streets, to avoid this kind of bugā€™s creeping into production version.
And, i wasnā€™t aware (a while ago) that WebApi would also change to version 3 and boy, it has some important differences between old en new Homey (being worked on however).

2 Likes

I use the very latest DC version with Homey pro 2019 so indeedā€¦ Iā€™m affected by the issue :slight_smile:

Best,
Jerome

Amazing app, kudos!!
This comment helped me to finally change the status indicator to any of the tagged variables. Unless I missed it, allow me to suggest you add this (or an additional reference) to your initial explanation?

What do you mean by this? Which one?
In the app during AVD creation?
In the App settings?
The first Post of this Topic?

Solved.
Altho the athom-api is deprecated, and we are supose to use the homey-api, i just switched back to athom-api.
Homey-api keept giving errors an, itā€™s slow, eats memory and it doesnā€™t react to events.
Thuse, i didnā€™t work (correct).

Now i have switched back, all issues are gonne (i havent removed all work for the HP2023, no worries).

Update to 2.9.22 and enjoy AVD, TFE and there TEFā€™s!

Works ! thanks a lot for your reactivity !

What should I understand from the fact that athom-api is deprecated ? Does it mean Homey pro 2019 = athom-api and Homey pro 2023 = homey-api and that things will start not to work anymore for HP2019 ?

Best,
Jerome

Imho I think it is most effective when this is explained above the ā€˜Device Classā€™ line in Device Settings. Else in the first post of this topic?

Something like:
ā€œStatus indicator (mobile app): to show a value as status indicator on the device tile, select one by editing the deviceā€

Iā€™m sorry, but youā€™re seeing ghosts.

Any app should not hold async onInit, and because Iā€™ve added a helpful message (instead of a cryptic ā€˜CreateClientTimeoutā€™) you think I am targeting your apps?

I have no idea what your apps do, or what they need, but any app should simply resolve onInit a.s.a.p. and in the Web API calls should await whatever you need. Thatā€™s just good programming.

4 Likes