[APP] OpenUV

Global UV Index Forecast

This app adds support for Global UV Index Forecast data from OpenUV.

Included devices/features:

• UV Index Forecast for today and tomorrow based on Homey geolocation.

UV Index Data

Setting 1: Select a point in time for forecasts (hours ahead).

Setting 2: Enter API key.

The app needs an active API key from openUV.
Please see https://www.openuv.io/ for how to get a free key.
The app will use 15 polls a day (and one extra poll per setting change).

Update: oops… Until further notice the offset need to be changed after entering the API key to have the information updated. I am looking into fixing this bug for next update of the app.

• Please post requests in the openUV Forecast topic on the Athom Community forum.

• Please report any problems concerning the code in the issues section on Github.

6 Likes

Don’t know if I’ll be using this in the future yet, but I wanted to say that it is a nice addition to the apps! Thank you for it!

1 Like

Update: oops… Until further notice the offset need to be changed after entering the API key to have the information updated. I am looking into fixing this bug for next update of the app.

What kind of scale does openUV use. Knmi uses 1-8. In belgium they use 1-12. At this day openuv says it max could be 7.4 and knmi says 6. I want to use this in a flow but at this point i do not know from which UV number I want a warning. Nice app btw, does suite a need fir my family.

Hi @Marcel_Ubels, this app use a 0-11+ scale.

UV Index categories

Recommended UV Index categories for UV Index levels

Low 0-3
Moderate 3-6
High 6-8
Very High 8-11
Extreme 11+

I will look into adding this info to the app.

2 Likes

The OpenUV doesn’t refresh with me at all. Only updates when I change the offset. Do I need to change some setting?

Hi @Yves_Servaes, can you please check if your API key needs to be updated in the app. I just checked and mine had changed.

Hey Johan, I regenerated a new API key on OpenUV.io copy pasted it changed offset but the result stay. Values only change when I change the offset.

OK, thanks for testing. I will have a look at the code to see if there is a bug.

It seems that after a new installation the data is with me also not updated. API key is fresh.

When I changing the offset values are updated. I use the location of homey.

I just started using this app a few hours ago. The values only update when I change the offset, but afterwards it doesn’t update the values at all. Could you help me with this?