[App] Hikvision

Just to share for those that (similar to me) have been trying to make this app work with their Hikvision DVRs/NVRs: I have Hikvision hybrid DVR/NVR DS-7204HTHI, it may be successfully added to Homey as a device using this app, but no images from the analog (TVI) cameras hooked to DVR are available.

However, this app will pick up events from DVR (motion, line crossing etc.) and will make it possible to use these as flow triggers. For it to happen an option “Notify Surveillance Center” has to be enabled in DVR settings for the specific event type. For my DVR the option (for motion events) is available under Configuration->Event->Basic Event->Linkage Method.

It’s also worth mentioning that DVR is able to generate ONVIF snapshots even from the analog cameras. These may be grabbed via this great ONVIF Camera app (Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (1.1.31 & test 1.1.32)). ONVIF support has to be enabled in DVR settings for this (in my case Configuration->Network->Advanced settings->Integration protocol) and also an ONVIF user has to be added to the list (also possible on the DVR settings page above). I think (but not sure) is is also needed to set web authentication to “digest/basic” under Configuration->System->Security->Authentication. The snapshots would be then available under http://x.x.x.x:80/onvif/snapshot/101 (replace x.x.x.x with your DVR local IP and “101” with the desired camera reference where first digit is camera number and last is the stream number). You would need to enter ONVIF user credentials when adding cameras in ONVIF Camera app and will possibly need to adjust the URLs to above manually afterwards. ONVIF Camera app is able to save the last motion snapshot from each camera, and it is possible to have this snapshot updated on event trigger from Hikvision app.

1 Like