[App] Eurotronic Technology App (Stable: v3.0.1)

We have not developed/helped the sdkv3 convertion that Aeotec app uses, and have no control over their app, so you’ll have to contact Aeotec about that.

Just did that. In the meanwhile going back to Eurotronic app…

Today I noticed that with homey v5 the battery status no longer updates with the spirit plus Anyone else having this issue?

Same for me. “x” behind battery and no update of battery level for past 7 days.

The X behind the battery has always been there, that is just how Homey handles with FLiRS devices, and not the cause of the battery level not updating.

EDIT: Do keep in mind that the battery level (probably) only is send every 5% change, definitely not every 1%, it should send it every day if the setting is turned on, not sure if the level also needs to change enough for this.

If you do have an idea why the battery level isn’t updating after several weeks/months, i’m all in for more options, as it isn’t an app issue.

1 Like

I’m using the Air Quality Sensor for a couple of days now. Using test version of the app. Looks like it is working ok. Pairing took some attempts, but after that it works. Values are updated regularly and seem to make sense. More people in the room, higher CO2. Cooking or bread in toaster, higher VOC. Temperature and humidity correspond to other sensors in same room. I’m sure the CO2 and VOC aren’t calibrated and i can’t take the exact figures for granted, but the change in values is good enough to change the central ventilation in my home. The sensor is usb powered and acting as z-wave router also.

@Caseda thought you deserve some positive feedback on your work for adding this devices :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, thx for explaining. I will keep an eye on the battery level.
EDIT: Daily reporting is on. The battery level has been on 5% for weeks after replacing batteries and also not updating. I think the update to 60% 7 days ago has something to do with installing the test version of the app (for the air quality sensor)

That is nice to hear that yours works, mine didn’t work properly because of an hardware issue and firmware issue, haven’t talked with eurotronic yet afterwards (that was last year, so almost 4 months, should be long enough for it to be fixed), the reason for it still being in the test channel as I couldn’t test it fully.

Please do let me know how the temperature fairs as that was the hardware issue (too high of an temperature) and the CO2 levels being incorrect (just weird values that didn’t make sense), and VOC value not changing at all was the software issue.

Looks quite alright. Values dropping in night, higher in morning when entering kitchen and eating breakfast. Lunch with roasted bread :-). And dinner cooking.

The VOC values look rather low.

And here temperature and humidity (green line) also with other sensor in same room (but other position) (blue line). Temperature looks little bit higher but can be explained by the different position.

At 7 o’clock in morning i moved the sensor to lower position because i read CO2 has to be measured on about 1,5 hight in the room (because CO2 is heavier than air).

That temperature looks more sensible, here it was always 2 to 5 degrees higher, what about the “air Quality” value? does that change if the VOC gets too high (LED did change here, the mode itself was never send by the device)?

No air quality is at “Clean” (“Schoon” in dutch) from the beginning on (and led is green). That’s because VOC didn’t get high yet. Not higher than 200. I’m not sure if that is alright. Air quality and led change above 500 or even 1000 i assume.
This is not described in the manual, but the manual for de air quality sensor with led bars has this table:
Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 21.21.47
(actually i have one of those here also, amazon send the wrong one and i have to return it, but using it as reference for time being).

Thanks for explaining. The battery information is updating again after a few updates on homey beta.

After monitoring the air Quality value, the VOC value and the led for some time now, I can confirm that the led color is changing (orange red) if VOC is getting high, but the “Air Quality” value never changes (always “Schoon”).

Yeah, in the meanwhile I have had contact with Eurotronic about it, and sadly that wasn’t fixed (yet) in the device’s firmware, and didn’t have an ETA, so until it is fixed that capability can’t be used at all, i’ll probably remove the capability in a future update, or i need to make it a manual calculation, until it is fixed.

Making it a manual calculation is only of value when you know which threshold values eurotronic will be using in their firmware. Else this capability will behave differently in the future. I’m not planning to use that capability. My flows/scripts are using the voc and co2 capabilities.

I am having issues adding the spirit Z-Wave Thermostat to Homey.
I tried with the Stable v.2.2.0 version and with the Test v.2.3.4 version

I get the device in pairing mode by pressing boost for 5 seconds. Then the Inc appears.
The include process stops then
If I press boost again while in Inc mode, a timer starts for 120 seconds. After 120 seconds the thermostat shows error.

I have 2 thermostats, both have these issues.

Homey: v6.0.0.rc5
Error in Dev tools

2021-04-17T10:56:49.705Z Node[1]: Received application command for an unknown Command Class, data: 0x300300
2021-04-17T10:56:52.788Z Node[1]: Received application command for an unknown Command Class, data: 0x7105000000ff07000000
2021-04-17T10:56:53.252Z Node[1]: Received application command for an unknown Command Class, data: 0x7105000000ff07000000

That looks like your Homey itself has a (bad) issue with z-wave, those commands should not be flagged as “unknown command class” as they are differently known.

I can only recommend you contact Athom support with this issue, as it isn’t app specific.

Thank you very much for updating the plugin! I’ve just installed the beta version and it immediately recognized the Air Quality Sensor.

I have several Netatmo units at home so I will compare it, hopefully they will show similar values. :slight_smile:

I have 1 Spirit Thermostate, connected to Homey. (stable 2.2.0)
I can read / write a temperature to the device, but mode changes do not seem te get through / make any impact. The temperature target does not change.
This is the case when changing the mode manually via the device tile (both web app, mobile app) or a flow. The mode change is visible on the tile, but the target temperature does not change.

Any hints are tips?