[App][Cloud&Pro] Twinkly

same here. Happy that it works (model TW2016, Firmware 2.3.5), many thanks !

Yes. If Twinkly decides to finally release an official API. But for now it’s not possible.

2 Likes

Hi,

i use 3 gen1 rgb leds which are joined as 1.

In the app i can choose a effect which twinkly then runs on the 3 strips.

There is sadly no playlist option for the gen1 so i was wondering if it is possible to create a flow where i can choose an effect to play, this way i could create my own playlist in Homey?

i have a strange problem, it seems when you join/group all the strips to one with the new app it is impossible to turn it just on via Homey…

I have 3 identical (gen1) strips connected/joined as 1 group, in the app there is 1. group which i can control.

When i add the devices to Homey it will detect 3 devices, no groups.
When all 3 devices are added it is impossible to turn any led strip ON, turning it off is no problem strangly enough
When ON card is used nothing happens, no light is turned on, it does not matter which twinkly led strip the flow card is used on.

But when the DEMO ON card is used then the group turns on…

On the old app you could turn ON the ‘master’ strip (the one on top of the list in the twinkly app) and all other leds also turned on and started to ‘play’ the last effect when it was turned off.

Sadly now i can just turn it on using DEMO mode, not last effect as before.

v3.0.5 - 2021-02-22

• Update to SDK3 (requires Homey firmware 5.x)
  • Added dimming capability
  • Minor improvements
5 Likes

Is rolling out just now. Hopefully without any impact on existing setups :smiley:
However, I would of course encourage you to migrate your devices to the new cloud api driver, as that one will be continued to be extended with new features as they become available.
The new driver will also no longer interfer with the original Twinkly app.

Enjoy :partying_face:

7 Likes

Almost Christmas :wink:

Thanks for the early Christmas present :gift:

Fantastic improvement, looking forward for first tests around mid of December. Thank you !

1 Like

Perhaps a dumb question, but how do I migrate my Twinkly-device to the new driver? Simply remove and re-add or? I am using Homey Pro.

Thanks for a very useful app!

Niclas

Exactly. Unfortunately there is no other way to do so. But you can add it anew before deleting the old device too.

I have at a 190 led string.
It is discoverd but not turning of or on.

Steps i did

Re-add device
Reinstall app
Checked latest firmware for twinkly
Lights works perfect with original app

Hi @Bulletcather,
The original app is able to communicate with your device directly. Homey can talk to it through the cloud only at the moment. Make sure your Twinkly has access to the internet to connect to Twinkly’s mqtt servers.
If this does not solve the issue or if you already done that. Can you please try to reproduce the issue and generate a disgnostics report right afterwards? You can do that by going into the Homey app menu “More…” → “Apps” → “Twinkly” → gear icon → Generate Diagnostics Report. Please add your forum name into the message.
I will look into it as soon as possible.

348c1ecd-0b56-40f8-9996-46ae2f1ef7ad

I made a error report

It works!!!
Firmware 7.1.6 fixed the problem

I have the same issue: it looks like Homey is unable to control the Twinkly lights. I already re-added the tree, but no difference. The Twinkly app itself works fine.

I created a diagnostics report: 3b9d6bbd-b2db-412e-8308-a4b81a24f163

Are you on 7.1.6 already? Have you tried restarting your Homey (just in case).
If you are still facing the issue can you create another app diag report and mention your forum name in the message there. Thanks in advance

Yes, I am running 7.1.6. I just rebooted again and was able to turn off the Christmas tree, but after that it didn’t respond anymore.
I created another diagnostics report: 23556E. I don’t see a way to add my name to the report though.

Hi,

I cant change colors only turning the device on and off. Are there any things i could change to make this work? I installed it yesterday for the first time.

Thanks!

After updating Twinkly lights to latest version yesterday, i can’t cotrol them in Homey.
Get this error message in Homey “Could not get OAuth2Client” :slight_smile:

Is that the same error you other guys get?