[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.51, Test 1.1.56)

The API has no choice of log in location.
My account was registered from the UK and I would guess thousands of user of the app are somewhere in the EU, so I don’t think that’s an issue.
When did you create your account?

I don’t remember but before I went to bed yesterday evening I thought like “well, let’s just create a new account and reintegrate my devices” … so I did through the login page in Homey, hit “create new account”, registered it and was then able to successfully log in to the account through homey. I did not add devices since I didn’t have any yet. I wanted to integrate them into Switchbot app and Homey today.

I THOUGHT I might have solved the problem but now I wanted to finish the proccess by adding the devies in Homey and now I can not log in AGAIN, same error as before with the other account.

This is really giving me headaches!

Hi,

Installed a second honey and are running SwitchBot on both sites. Now when I installed curtains on the second site using the same SwitchBot account I get 190 errors when I try to opening them from homey.

Have I understood it correctly that I need two separate SwitchBots accounts?

Thanks.

I would recommend two accounts due to the API limits. The app automatically scales the polling based on the number of devices connected to Homey, but it has no idea about other Homeys accessing the same SwitchBot account and will therefore exceed the limits.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Much appreciated.

I have published the new code, including the binary, to GitHub.
I still can’t track down the memory leak, but the code will now restart when the memory gets low. As it only takes a few seconds to reboot, it probably won’t ever be noticed.
I have also optimised some things along the way so it is a bit more efficient, especially when it sends commands.

1 Like

Thats great! Will install it when I get home later today and test it out.

Thanks! :+1:

@Adrian_Rockall , Just flashed my devices to 2.0, so far seems to work fine, will keep an eye out for memory leak issues over the next few days, but with the auto restart it shouldn’t be an issue anymore, thanks for the quick solution :+1:

Hi, question… I guess this will be hard to implant, but it will be very nice if the keypad gives information about who is entering the door. So, when I use my fingerprint to open the lock, I am home. When the keypad detects my girlfriends fingerprint, she is home.

I agree and asked SwitchBot for that a long time ago, but I think they have moved on to other products.

Hi! I have a Hub 2 and I am trying to create a flow based on its light sensor, but it is not updating well, on the web it says 60% but when I manually read the status it says level level 15 (75%), why is this?

I only have one other Switchbot device, so even if there is a limit of 10.000 calls per day, the data should be updated fast, right?

Have the same issue, also registered on the EU server on the app (a long time ago) and am currently unable to log in through Homey (add device)… Even reset my password, logged in to the iOS app with the new password, so that works, but still get an issue logging in to the Homey Switchbot app. Also tried setting up a new account, but get an error (as expected) that the e-mail is already in use. Tried forgot password, but didn’t get an e-mail. (Did get the e-mail while using the iOS app.

So it seems they have some authentication issues a the moment.

I did use the Homey Switchbot cloud app in the past and could log in back then, probably 6 months ago.

@Adrian_Rockall , Are you maybe able to check what’s going on? Thanks :+1:

Could you open the app settings page and select the Log tab and set it to Detailed Information. Then try to add a device (login) and after it fails, go back to the app setting page and tap on Send Log.

Hi there. Is there any news about the error code 190

Hi, question… In the app, all switchbot curtains behave like roller shades. So, up and down. So I think they are in the wrong device class. Because of this it is always a bit difficult to control them using the app. I always have to think, what is open and what is close… Do you understand what I mean?

Sure, just sent you the log, but it doesn’t seem to show any information about adding the device, only my Switchbot BLE Curtains (which work fine after your fix last week :+1: ).

Have you tried enabling the developer moe in the SwitchBot phone app as some users seem to find that has helped.

If you mean the buttons in the interface, then that is all Homey can show, regardless of the the class.

1 Like

Did you try to add a cloud device after enabling the log?

Yeah, clicked +, new device, select Switchbot, click device type, and went to login screen. After trying to login (which failed) closed the login screen and add device screen and sent you the logfile.

Even with “Full information” it doesn’t show anything, probably because the device is not added

Ah, so the login is failing in the SwitchBot login screen?
Not much I can do about that as once you get to the login page, you have been transferred to the SwitchBot system, so the app can’t see what goes on there.
All I can suggest is to contact SwitchBot and ask them to check your credentials. Note: the username and password are case sensitive, so they need to match exactly what you used when you created the account.