[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.51, Test 1.1.56)

There’s an auto lock feature for the lock in the settings of the SwitchBot app.

This is from the API documentation:
The response may contain the following codes and messages,

Status Code Body Content Message Description
100 Device list object success Returns an object that contains two device lists
n/a n/a Unauthorized Http 401 Error. User permission is denied due to invalid token.
190 n/a System error Device internal error due to device states not synchronized with server

All I can suggest is to contact SwitchBot via their mobile app and explain the issue. They will probably say they don’t handle API problems, so make sure you quote the error code and message from their document to make sure they check you account state.

I will also report it to my contact again, so they are aware that this problem is getting worse.

Do you mean these ones:

As a quick test, could you switch off your phones Bluetooth and then try controlling the devices from the SwitchBot phone app. I believe the phone app will use direct BLE connections if it can and revert back to cloud if it’s not there. This might rule out any issues with the hub not being close enough to the devices and therefore not synchronising the data with the cloud. However, this is just a theory and not based on firm knowledge :slight_smile:

I contacted Switchbot and waiting for their response.

Thanks

1 Like

@Adrian_Rockall any update on this case?

the switch bot app that isn’t in homey, my issue is that there isn’t a “When the door is closed” option in the homey app only when the contact alarm is on or off

I want it to lock when the door closes not at a certain amount of time, I cannot use the magnet part for the lock because of how my door is, so im trying to make a flow where when the door sensor detects that the door is closed it locks it right there, had moments where I held the door open and it activates

Sorry, you have totally confused me, as now I don’t know what app you are referring to for what.
Also you first asked about an action to lock the door, but now you seem to be asking about a trigger for when the door is closed.
Maybe you could start the question again, stating what you want from the Homey app, as I have no control over the SwitchBot phone app.

I would like to have “When the door is closed” as a trigger option to lock the door right when it closes.

Sorry, I was complaining about my other issue with the switchbot phone app, I wasn’t hoping you would fix the switchbot phone app issue

OK, “The contact alarm turned on” is the door closed trigger. The app uses the standard capability but I rename it in the device view to “Door Closed”. However, there is no way to rename the standard Flow trigger that comes with the capability, so it still says contact alarm.

But, the issue is, SwitchBot don’t send a webhook when the door is opened or closed, so the app can only detect the state change by polling the API. As SwitchBot impose a limit to the number of API calls per day, the polling is slow and can miss the event. I, and others, have requested that information to be sent via a webhook for a long time but still no change.

Oh i thought contact alarm on is when its activated either open or closed and contact alarm off is when its not doing anything

Sorry if this has been asked before (hard to search here).

I am having periodic issues with my SwitchBot Switches not responding to Homey. See screenshot from within SwitchBot logs. I am using a Hub. I tried doing the Repair.

Any tips on how to stop this from happening?

Can you open the app settings page, select the Log tab and then tap on Send Log.

Yes, I just sent with the “detailed” option. Thank you in advance!

Now you have the advanced option enabled, could you send the Log again after you see a new error. The Log i have only has a few entries and no errors are showing.

I have had a reply from my contact at SwitchBot saying they will review the error 190 issues next week, so fingers crossed it will be resolved soon.

1 Like

thanks

Any idea what’s the cause of this message?

• 2024-06-06T07:11:54.272Z
    !!! Invalid response: No OAuth2 Client Found

It means you are not logged in. Try using the repair option on one of your SwitchBot devices in Homey. Session tokens last for 1 year, so maybe it has expired.