[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.51, Test 1.1.56)

I’m using the SwitchBot app for several devices and it’s working fine. Thank you for that!
Now I’ve got a motion sensor and installed it (using Hub mode with Hub 2). But I can’t use the reported brightness as condition in advanced automations. Bright/dim is only available for trigger.

Can you add support for bright/dim in conditions ?

You can use the Logic yes/no card and pick the Bright tag.

1 Like

Thank you for this hint. Found it and I’ll check if it’s working after sunrise :slight_smile:

Hi,
I can’t install the latest version of the app unfortunately. The latest I see in the store is 1.1.35 but that version doesn’t seem to support the curtain 3

Any ideas?

Add test to the app URL in the store.

Thanks Adrian for your quick response., highly appreciated. It works!

1 Like

Have you had time to check? :smile:

Sorry I had forgotten so thank you for reminding me.
I have just checked and the battery information is already there for both curtain and curtain 3.

1 Like

Can you confirm you see the battery information?

Will the switchbots s10 (robot vac) be supported upon its release in March?

I’m a backer for this robot. :face_with_peeking_eye:

I don’t know. So far I haven’t seen any API information and I can’t add it until then.
If you are happy to be a tester, I will get on it as soon as I have some information.

Hi Adrian,

I seem to sometimes get an error whilst trying to unluck my SwitchBot lock that states “an unknown code (undefined) returned by SwitchBot”. I have sent in a log: 4135c6f9-b022-44ec-9ffe-09dea7ed7d22.

Have tried to repair the lock / restarted the app.

This does not seem to be related to the “need to repair the lock” that has previously been mentioned when the device gets a red triangle.

All the best,
Zakarias

The error in the log indicates the app has not logged in.
It could be an issue connecting or just that the token has expired and requires repairing to get a new token.
SwitchBot did extend the token life to one year as far as I know.

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

Question. I control my curtain switchbots through the hub (not via BLE). However, for the past week, the curtains no longer respond in flows or in the Homey app. They do receive updates for ‘position reading,’ but I can’t control them to open or close through a flow or the Homey app. I also have the Switchbot Ledstrip, and that is still working fine without any problems.

I’ve already clicked on repair and logged in again. However, I believe the connection is still there, or else it wouldn’t receive position reading updates, I think?

When I control them via BLE, it works just fine. I also have it as a backup in the flows, but there’s no error in the flow to trigger the use of BLE either.

I’d like to avoid re-adding the bots if possible, as it would require making quite a few flow adjustments. But if that’s what needs to be done, then so be it :).

ps. I use the 1.1.41 version

Could you open the app settings page, select the Log tab and set the log to Detailed Information.
Then operate the curtains and go back to the Log and send it.
Hopefully I can see what is going wrong.

Thanks for your reply. I just send you the log. I tried one curtain (Glasgordijn rechts).

Hmm, all looks good from Homey’s point of view:

• 2023-11-02T14:59:24.547Z

• Sending {
    “command”: “setPosition”,
    “parameter”: “0,0,0”,
    “commandType”: “command”
    } to C824EC892DF2 using OAuth

• 2023-11-02T14:59:25.217Z

• Success sending command to C824EC892DF2 using OAuth

Maybe try contacting Switchbot and supply that information as they should be able to check your account.

Thank you for checking! I will contact Switchbot. And if they also don’t have an solution, I have something to do this weekend :wink:.

1 Like

Can please anyone tell me, if the contact sensor or the motion sensor provide luminance values in Homey, or do they only provide the values “bright” or “dark” based on the setting in the app?

I would prefer to define the threshold for actions in Homey rather than in an separate app …

Just bright or dark I’m afraid.