[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.51, Test 1.1.56)

Hi @Adrian_Rockall, I have sent the log file

Hmm, the log is showing a lot of ā€œInternal server errorsā€ which is causing the app to retry the fetch and that apparently using the call quota.
I need to find a way to fix the retries so they limit.
However, Iā€™m not sure why you are getting the Internal server errors. Could you raise a support request with Switchbot via their phone app and ask them to check your account, explaining that you are seeing the errors.

sure I will raise a request at Swichbot

1 Like

I had a chat with Switchbot support. They told me everything looks fine, but she had no access to API information. She did push a new vermware version to my hub. Since that is installed I did not see error messages yet.

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

Last night, the error message reappeared. Log indicates too many requests. Unfortunately, Switchbot support cannot help me in this area :frowning:

When the error occurs, could you clear the log and then set the Log to Basic Information in the app settings. Wait for some more errors to appear in the log and then send the log.

I have been looking at the timings in your previous log and it seems like the calls are not always failing, but only errors are logged by default, so i canā€™t say for sure. Hopefully, I can also see the route that is being taken to try and track down why it is getting to the rate limit.

WIth Switchbot Hub2 having matter support. Does it mean that we can connect it directly to the Homey Hub so it operates locally now? Or am I not understanding the hub2ā€™s matter connection (like it serves as itsā€™ own hub and doesnā€™t connect to other hubs.) I was thinking it might connect to another hub because it kept saying that Apple Homekit would connect to it through Matter.

It means you can include it and hosted devices in Homey without an app. Only certain devices will be compatible and the hub is limited to hosting 6 devices from what I can remember.
I must admit, I donā€™t know if it can be added to more than one controller, so you might have to choose either Homey or something else.

Hi @Adrian_Rockall , iā€™m using a switchbot hub as an IR remote for some devices. Setting it up and adding it to Homey was quite easy and I have some flows that work great, most of the time.

Iā€™ve been getting an error from time to time and I canā€™t figure out whatā€™s wrong. The log states: No OAuth2 Client Found. I am able to ā€œrepairā€ the app in the settings, log in again, and then the app and flows work again. After some period of time, days/weeks, I get the same error again and the connection is lost.

I have been searching for a solutions but havenā€™t been able to find the root cause of the problem. Do you have any idea how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Strange as the token should be valid for a year now. It used to be 1 month, but they extended it a while ago.

Do know if it could be related to an app or Homey restart?

Sorry if this is a simple question, but I am completely new to Homey and Switchbot.

I have a Homey pro 2023 and Sonos and would like to control the Sonos with a physical (!) remote.

Before purchasing a Switchbot, is this correct?

• Switchbot can learn the IR codes of each remote
  • Switchbot can be connected to Homey via the app described here
  • I can then create flows in Homey that connect a physical button of the remote to Sonos (e.g. louder, softer, mute, etc.)

Or is the Switchbot-app just a replacent for the remote?
In this case thatā€™s useless for me: I already have the Sonos-app to control my Sonos, I donā€™t need the Switchbot-app to do that :slight_smile:
I just want a physical remote.

Thanks!
A response is appreciated!

Iā€™m not sure I understand what you mean, but the Switchbot hub can learn IR codes and you assign them to a virtual ā€˜remote deviceā€™ in their app.
The Homey app can then include that remote as a device, which can be controlled with buttons in the Homey device of the Homey app or via flows.

The communication is one way, so the IR codes are only ever sent to the physical device and wonā€™t respond to button presses on the original physical remote.

Hi Adrian, thanks for the quick reply. I did not restart the app or Homey myself, and I donā€™t have any flows restarting anything.

The same problem does indeed occur when I do restart the homey, or the app, so I stopped doing that, but it seems to be happening as well without a restart.

Hi Adrian, thanks for the quick reply!
Sorry if Iā€™m not clear.

Now I think about it: the purpose of the Switchbot is to get rid of remote controls.
And I want the opposite: I want to use remotes (at least for my Sonos)
So, I think Iā€™ve got it all wrong.

Anyway, this is what I was thinking:

I have some old remote controls from my stereo, dvd player etc.
I would like to use those remotes to control my Sonos.
I understood it is not possible to learn Homey the IR-codes of a remote control.
So I cannot directly make a flow in Homey like this: when I push button X then increase volume.

So I thougt maybe Switchbot can be ā€˜the man in the middleā€™.
First: learn Switchbot what the IR-codes means and then connect Switchbot to Homey with the app.
So when I push button X on my remote, Switchbot recognizes it.
Because the Switchbot is connected with Homey, Homey also knows what is happening and I can make a flow like ā€˜if button X is pressed then increase volumeā€™.

But I probably misunderstood the use of the Switchbot. :slight_smile:

OK, I understand now and the SwitchBot hub wonā€™t be suitable. I havenā€™t seen anything to do what you want either, so I canā€™t be any help, sorry.

Thanks anyway, I got it all wrong :grinning:

Hi @Adrian_Rockall , maybe you missed my message :face_with_peeking_eye:. Do you have any advice on what I could do to prevent this disconnect from happening? Or something I can test to find the root cause?

If I canā€™t solve this issue, would buying a switchbot hub 2 with matter be a good ā€œworkaroundā€?

I saw your message, but I am still pondering on that one, trying to figure out what it could be or how to diagnose it further.

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

As my daily limits still appear, I also posted the error message on the API developerā€™s Github. They refer me back to you :slight_smile:

> It is not related to homey. Switchbot support directed me to this thread. The limit is a response from switchbot

It is related to homey, because homey is requesting updates to the API and that is causing you to go over your daily limit.