[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.43, Test 1.1.48)

in HA they also mosttimes are value 1, only when it is very sunny the value goes up.
My motors are think older then yours, as you remember I asked you if you could add the switchbot to your smartingsapp for homey, you then ordered your very first switchbot motor :slight_smile: and then you started on your switchbot app for Homey… I still have the same motors…

I use this level a lot during sunny days, when the level rises above 3 i lower my sun shutters…
I use it now via HA and then load it into homey…

@Adrian_Rockall
update:
installed TEST version and the light value is present…

I do have a question regarding BLE.
In HA BLE uses mesh networking, so one motor connects to the other, same way as the hub does.
It seems in homey this is not the case, for example my HA controller is besides homey, HA detects all BLE motors but homey not, devices on the first floor are barely detected by homey BLE. The switchbot hub has no issues (also located besides hp23) HA detects also all BLE devices.

When a homey bridge is added as extra antenna to HP23 (on the first floor) is the BLE range of homey then also extended via this bridge or are only the BLE of HP23 itself used?

1 Like

I don’t think Homey is mesh aware.

I am pretty sure that is just down to Homeys BLE range being poor. One of my ESP32 hubs is also next to Homey and that can reliably control all the devices on the ground floor where Homey struggles with all but the closest one. My ESP32 hubs don’t have any mesh facilities on them.

That is not available yet and not sure if or when it will be. I have a Homey bridge and it doesn’t do anything for the BLE range.

1 Like

Hi, I have 1.1.37 installed but it can’t find my switchbot curtain 3s. Did I do anything wrong?
I did send a log to you @Adrian_Rockall.
Cloud is on. I’m using the hub mini

Could you send the log from the Detected tab. Click on Get devices id the list is empty.

Done! It finds it there

New test version is available. Hopefully this should fix issue finding Curtain 3 devices on both the hub and BLE.

1 Like

It does find hub connected curtain 3s!

Thanks!

1 Like

Good day,

I have a switchbot bot, a Hub Mini and an early 2023 Homey Pro. App version of the Switchbot app is 1.1.35.

The hub and the bot work flawless on the iPhone Switchbot app. I can add the Bot to the homey Switchbot app. But I need the bot to work in my garage and BLE is not strong enough. So I purchased the Hub Mini. Wifi is on (cloud service) . However I can not add the Bot (HUB) to Homey. when trying to add I am directed to the Switchbot home page to log in to my account. I do this with the correct credentials but I get this error message “Incorrect username or password”. However it is correct.

So what do I do wrong?

I have seen a similar issue when the Switchbot account is created using Google sign in.
Apart from that I don’t know as the login is controlled by Switchbot.

I have a few questions regarding the switchbot mini

• Is internet required for the hub
  • do you need to create an account to control devices?
  • does homey talk to the device itself or an api online?

Yes
Yes
API online.

1 Like

At least until Matter matures, in which case the hub 2 can support upto (i think) 6 devices locally.

1 Like

Thanks, I do your my own loving. so not via Google or Apple. I can login on the switchbot website and in the switchbot app. So very strange I can not login through Homey. I do see it is a login redirect to Switchbot

Could you try contacting Switchbot via the Switchbot app and explain the issue to see if they can help.
You could also pm me your login name (not the password) and I will forward it to my contact to see if they have any idea.

1 Like

Do i understand correctly that if my internet would go down, it can’t send IR signals ( optional : initiated from homey )?

Correct. It’s only possible to access the hub via the API.
Please add a request for local access here Issues ¡ OpenWonderLabs/SwitchBotAPI ¡ GitHub as it would be much better.

All, Thanks to @Adrian_Rockall and the very swift reply of Switchbot customer service I have found the solution. I thought it might be useful to post it here. If you login through a third party portal into the Switchbot environment (which you do through Homey) your UID is case sensitive. If you login directly into the Switchbot app or website it is not case sensitive…

1 Like

I bought a motion sensor from switchbot, but the response within Homey is terrible (minimum of 20 sec…) while in the switchbot app this is instant. I connected via BLE.

Tried restarting app, restarting Homey, added device again etc. Any tips? With this slow of a response this product is useless within Homey…
(Also tried with sensor sitting next to the homey pro; no difference at all…)

Homey’s BLE is very slow. The only recommendation is to use a SwitchBot hub as that uses a Webhook, which is much faster.
Or if you are technically minded, you could get an ESP32 module and install my bridge code.

1 Like

I was already a bit afraid that this was the answer. Thanks for your reply! BLE works fast within switchbot app but within Homey the lag is huge…
I will take a look at the ESP32 solution. I dont want to invest in the HUB, since i only own 2 switchhub products and i though Homey could assist as my hub and keep things local

1 Like