[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.43, Test 1.1.48)

I hope so. The test version has the door lock, but SwitchBot killed the API for it due to security reason just after I published it. [APP][Pro] SwitchBot (version 1.1.12 live, 1.1.13 test) - #618 by Adrian_Rockall

The new test version now uses the new v1.1 API so the door lock can be controlled via Homey and the SwitchBot hub.

1 Like

I got to try it then. Thanx in advance!

How do I get the test version?

Go to the app in the store and then either add /test to the end or view the change log and click on the link against the latest version.

Thanx, got it.

I am considering buying a switchbot motion sensor.
How does this work with Homey?

Questions when using hub:
Does it react instantly when motion is detected or is there a delay?
Does it report lux and if so also when there is NO motion, so does it report always report lux changes? (aqara only reports when there is also motion).
Does it have more sensor readings which can be used in Homey

When using BLE:
The respond time is instant?
What about the LUX, does this work with BLE and does it report every lux change?

Hope someone can advise how this sensor works in real live.

When using it via the hub, it responds within a second or two as it gets push notifications via a webhook.
When using BLE it can take up to 30 seconds to respond as it is polled.

It doesnā€™t report lux but it does report if itā€™s bright or dark. The level is set internally by SwitchBot.

Via BLE it will also show the battery level and signal level. If you are willing to program my code into an ESP32 module then you can get all the BLE features with near instantaneous response.

1 Like

Afternoon, Iā€™m unable to get Temperature & Humidity (BLE) to connect to Homey, I assumed this would work without the hub, connects fine to my phone using the app, but No Devices Found when adding in Homey, have tried a reset of the device also. Any help would be appreciated.

I have just checked mine. BLE and hub are working.
Please disconnect Homey from the power supply for 15 minutes and then try again.

1 Like

It could be too far away or just the bad BLE on Homey.

1 Like

Hi @Adrian_Rockall, first a big thank you for developing the SwitchBot app for Homey. I have been using different SwitchBot devices for a while and I have some questions and scenarios that I would like. Are any of them possible?

1. The device Temperature & Humidity - does it support both SwitchBot Meter and SwitchBot Meter Plus?

2a. Will you support the SwitchBot Remote? I have many Zigbee devices in my home and the Zigbee network is ā€œfullā€. I am therefore looking for a simple remote that can be used without the limitations of Zigbee. I have started using the SwitchBot Remote but the limitations of connectivity to Homey, today, makes it a limited option for me.

2b. If soā€¦ SwitchBot recently added support for the SwitchBot Remote to connect to Hub/Cloud. Would it be possible to support ā€œWhenā€¦ā€ event in Homey when buttons on SwitchBot remote are pressed? Is that supported in SwitchBot API?

1. Does the SwitchBot API support webhook-alike events for Scenes so that Homey could have the behavior ā€œWhenā€¦ā€ Scene is triggered? Today, we can trigger a Scene from Homey, but there is no ā€œWhenā€¦ā€ inside Homey.

Thank you in advance,

Johan

Yes, it does support both.

As soon as SwitchBot provide something, I will add it to the app. At the moment it is detected as a device but no events are sent, so the current offering is useless.

Unfortunately not. The API can only start a scene.

Thank you @Adrian_Rockall for your quick answers. I hope and would expect SwitchBot to add events for the Remote in the API. I will post a request to them as well. /Johan

2 Likes

Hi! Thanks for this appā€¦ One thing Iā€™m missing is device history in the device settingsā€¦ Is this something that can be added??

Iā€™m not sure what history you are referring to. There is no mention of it in the SDK so probably not.

I mean this by example:

At the most right tab of a device you can see what and when the device has turned into to and how.

Thats already there:

Aaaah sorry, forgot to mentionā€¦ Iā€™m talking about the Switchbot curtains.

Ah, those entries only work for boolean values and the curtains use a numeric position so canā€™t be shown there. Itā€™s a limitation of the Homey interface.

1 Like