[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.43, Test 1.1.48)

amazing…now as I’ve added the curtain(HUB), the homey found the curtain(BLE) afterwards as well - same range/location…
I’ve deleted the curtain(HUB) and everything works now as intended.

whatever…I’m happy now :smiley:
Thanks.

Summary for others:
Its possible to use them in Homey WITHOUT an hub…

2 Likes

I get a timeout error for my switchbot bots when sending a command.
The hub sende IR commands without problems.
Can someone help me?
This happens when trying to search for devices in homey

Could you try doing a repair on the bot device.
If the app was updated from a pre v1 then it’s possible that it is still trying to use the old authentication method and a repair will solve that.

Thanks for the reply.How do I repair it? Is it in homey app or switchbot app?

It’s in the Homey app. Open the device tile then tap on the :gear: (top right corner). Tap on Maintenance and then Try Repair.

Yeah I don’t have that option🤨 I’m on experimental 1.0.1

That’s strange as I’m on the same version.

Ok just added bot through cloud and not via BT. I got the option now but it didn’t help.
I get this error

Ah, sorry didn’t realise the first one was via BLE.
I have found the cause of the error and it will be fixed in the next update. Hopefully that should be published to test tomorrow as I still have testing to do on a couple of other changes.

1 Like

One cause of this problem is if the distance between Homey and the bot is too far so the signal is intermittent.

The Get Hub Devices feature now requires at lest one Hub device to have been add to Homey to create a pairing session. I will try to improve that in the future.

I am still running a test version (which is updated automaticly), is this a save or is it better to install the ‘normal’ version instead?

If use normal version, can i install it without loosing my flows etc?

The test version should be fine and if you have added devices with it then I would recommend staying with it. I have made the app backward compatible so devices added with the old version continue to work as they did before. But devices added with the new version will be using the OAuth connection method which the old app won’t understand.

I just got my switchbot hub mini and added the curtains to that instead of via BLE as before.
I am using the latest test app (as it feature oauth login), and it was a bit of a bumpy ride :slight_smile:

First off pairing does not work as expected after “you can now close the window” I got nothing…
Exiting out and repairing though meant I was logged in and devices was added.
So pairing seems to work in the end (I have experienced in other homey apps so might be a homey feature).

Next up I press the “open close button” and get nothing…
Absolutely NOTHING happens, no errors, no messages, no logs, nothing…
After a while the state goes back to what it was before i.e.
The only bit of life is that it can see devices if I click the “Get hub devices”

Then I see a flag in the get device list which states “enableCloudServices” which is false, and think: Eureka…
Go back to switchbot and enable cloud services for my curtain devices…
And now it works… ish…

Clicking the button now starts the motor, it goes really really slows, back and forth maybe 10 cm and then stops…
It makes a very different sound… Clicking the button in the switchbot app does not do this…
Realize that “last used” power mode is not working so manually set power mode to maximum and: voila… not it works…

So to make a long story short… Some suggestion for improvements:

• Create a notice if trying to add/control a device which is not cloud connected
  • Make maximum performance the default if “last used” has no value
  • Have a look at the oauth flow if this is not controlled by homey

// Michael Medin

Thanks for the feedback. The first two points are good ideas, so I will look into those.

The third point is in the hands of Athom. As you say, it happens in other apps, including Athom’s.
I have tried to figure out why, but it is buried too deep for me to see. My suspicion is that Homey occasionally misses a message that is sent.

1 Like

I have published a new test version that reports when the cloud option is not enabled. It also defaults the Motion mode to performance.

2 Likes

Switchbot perfectly worked for months. But since few days/weeks it stopped working. Switchbot is one level higher than Homey but it used to work. What could have happened? In which protocoll is Homey talking to switchbot?

That depends on which device type you add as it can use BLE or the cloud API.

What version are you using?
Do you have a Homey (cloud) or Homey Pro?

I have one switchbot running. No more switchbot devices and no switchbot hub. Using regular Homey with cloud enabled

Hmm, can you confirm if you are using the BLE option when installing the device in Homey?
The other (hub) devices only work if you have a Switchbot hub.
I guess as you say it has worked then I presume you have installed it via BLE.
As you have a Homey Pro (I think) could you enable the logging, let it capture data for a few minutes and then send the log to me. The option to enable logging is in the More > Apps > Switchbot > Configure App screen.

I just have non-pro homey but there was already logging when I looked it up. Used the send function. The switchbot app shows a BT Symbol next to my switchbot. I can also activate the switchbot using the switchbot native app (when close enough I guess)