[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.43, Test 1.1.48)

@Adrian_Rockall
Did you read my message?

I have read your message but not had any time to investigate.
Do you know what might have changed since it was last working?
Homey BLE is quite slow as it is only allowed to poll every 30 seconds and the hub can only make one request about every 20 seconds, so if you have 2 devices that’s every 40 seconds, etc.
However, I don’t know why commands should suddenly stop working.

Good news, SwitchBot have confirmed the next refresh of the login token will last one year instead of one month. Still not perfect but much better.

2 Likes

Goodday
Since a couple off days switchbot is not working anymore , and give a error oauth id error.

Seems like the api key is not presebt anymore , just create a new api key ,but the key field in homey settings is not their any more.

Any idea ?

Try using the repair option on one of your devices. In the web app that’s available on the right click menu for a device and in the Homey phone app you get it from the cog in the top right corner of the device and then the Maintenance item.

Completly uninstalled , newly installation and then the app is asking for username , pww. After providing those it works again. Strange

I think Switchbot are disabling the old method of authentication. I didn’t force users to change over when I added the new method last year, so I guess I’ll be seeing more issues like this coming up. However, using the repair option should have performed the same process that you went through but without the uninstall / reinstall steps.

I agree the new methode is better than the old one.
But i cant find the api key input field in homey apps

Did i missed something ?

You haven’t missed anything, I removed the field when the new method was added as the old method was depreciated. I just didn’t force users to update when the app update.

1 Like

Hello, I have always the same error when I log in with my username and password. On the switchbot connection applet, I am well connected with my account but when I return to homey, I have the error: invalid response code 190.
I do not know what to do?
thank you
Guillaume MONJEAN

Could you send me the log from the Configure App screen so I can see what is making the error message.

good evening, I just sent the log. THANKS

Sorry, nothing helpful in that one. Could you change the log setting to Full Information, then restart the app and send the log again after a few minutes.

hello, I have just carried out the requested manipulations and sent the log. THANKS.
Guillaume

Envoyé de mon mobile

-------- Message d’origine --------

Hello,

Since 2 days, the app is saying. Missing token.
What can i do to fix this? Is it needed to add the devices as a new one?

Thanks,

Robin

No, only the token has expired.

• Go to a device
  • Repair device

Done

2 Likes

Thanks!! @Undertaker

So were can I find the the API TOKEN field.

It is not used in the new version as Switchbot now required OAUTH2 login. So, when you add a device you will be directed to a Switchbot web page where you enter your username and password. If that is validated by Switchbot, the required keys are passed back to the app.

1 Like

Got it, thx