[App] Blink

Hello again, @ObelixNL
are you planning to continue the Blink app?
If yes, please contact me to integrate the pull request into the app.
In not, please transfer the app to my account (I will send you the ID via PM if you agree), so I can extend it.

Thanks for your work and I hope for a quick answer.
Ronny

@RonnyW could you please release the forked app in the community App Store .

Athom App Store will take some time since the other dev is unreadable atm and athom will not flip it over 2 you without his permission

The community store is a great alternative and also gives users the ability to easy install / side load apps from outside the athom controlled store

I know I could do that. But only a small part of the community would benefit.
And I would like to have a real commitment about the app before sharing a fork using the same app id.
Even it it would agree with the app licence it’s a bit unpleasant to bypass the current developer.

Well , good luck with the long wait on athom .

I can side load . The community App Store is as easy as can be for Annie and Henk . You will be amazed how many users it has.

It has also a lot of handy apps not even available in the App Store

Hello to all Blink users,

I decided to upload the app into the Community Store for the meanwhile I’m rewriting the app from scratch. So you can download the new version with many buxfixes and extensions like motions alert for local store.
Athom can’t transfer the app unilaterally but they recommended to upload with a new app id. For users this would be a “new” app and all devices/cameras need to be paired again. But this offers a chance for a redesign of the app which would cause breaking changes in an existing app.

So please install the Commuity Store version for now using the link below. If you did not use this store before, please follow the instructions.
If the new app is ready, I will create a new forum thread with all informations.

2 Likes

This version works well, thanks for submitting it.

1 Like

Hi there,
I just wanted to install the Blink-App from the „new“ store but the „Install“ Button is dark grey and dosn‘t work…
What can I do?
Mit nettem Gruss
Rüdiger

Hi, please follow the instructions in the store (top right corner).
Login with your Athom account. If needed copy/paste the key.
Then download the PC program to install then HCS app to your Homey.
After that, you can install the app from the store.

Hello,
Does the Mini BLINK cam with this app work with homey-pro WITHOUT the optional sync module?
Greetz, Harrr

Hi,

The camera should work without the SyncModule I think. You have to add the account device and set your Blink account credentials. Then you should be able to add the Mini camera.

Please follow the new thread, not this old one:

And this app:

You think ?? that is not what I am looking for :slight_smile:

Then try :wink:
I have several Blink Outdoor and Minis, but connected to a SyncModule to get them grouped and get local storage.
I f you can add a Blink Mini to the Blink app without a SyncModule, then it will work with the Homey app, too. If the Amazon description for Blink Mini is right, the SyncModule is only needed for local storage. But I can’t assure, just ask Amazon. :man_shrugging:

Thanks a lot for your answers. I do not expect a good answer here from amazon. The sync module is optional, so that is a sign that one does not need it to operate it. Something that looks familiar is an Eufy security cam where one need a home base for a connection to the Homey, but also for the connection with the app.

You try the Blink Mini. It’s a good choice for the price and here you will get good app support. Please check the above linkes thread. There you can find some examples how to use the camera in Homey.

The motion recognition is only a fewnseconds behind the Blink push notification (because it’s pulled from blink cloud). If that’s ok, then you will be happy with the camera and the “Blink for Home” HomeyApp

When will the Blink Mini camera in addition with the Sync modul will work on the early 2023 Homey Pro?

Hi @Jerome_A_Schuster
what’s not working? I haven’t tried yet on a HP23 but there is nothing special comparing to HP19?

Currently it‘s not possible to download the Blink App or use Blink with the HP23

And you are using this app?