[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

mmm, oké… Maybe the soldering is than not oke i gess.

1 Like

Maybe a less permanent way to hack your sensor use a Hb pencil.
This way a alcohol clean can revert the sensor hack without a soldering iron.

2 Likes

Great idea!!! Never thought of that. Worked like a charm. Now it works! Thanks all!

1 Like

Does this really work? How much pencil do you need to put on??

Just use a soft one hb4 and draw the line between two points a couple of times and test. Did 5 sensors in half a hour or less not a single time had to retry.

2 Likes

And it immediately worked for me, as you have probably seen above, my soldering skills lack a bit. I have drawn the Hb pencil line a couple of times and it worked without any problems.

This? I don’t seem to see a HB4?

What sort of load level does this work for?

For me a regular pencil worked, just Hb. Borrowed it from my son :wink:

2 Likes

New question on a different tack - I’m looking into the Aqara relay and remember a while back that there was an issue with only the first output working?
Just searched the thread and cant see confirmation that this was resolved - can the relay now be used for both?

Hoping to do the following with it:

Both can be operated individually.

PS
Remember: the relay is not potential free!

1 Like

Sorry… i saw mention of that, but i don’t really know what it means! Will it work for what is suggested in that thread?

The Xiaomi relay will put 230v on the remote control. So, don’t do this!

The Fibaro FGS-222 allows to switch potential free. So, that will work.

I initially bought the Xiaomi relay to switch on/off my central heater. Now, I went for the Fibaro.

1 Like

Thanks for the warning!!

Are u sure the contacts are not potential free? When you remove the red wire (showen on the pictures on Aliexpress) and connect the supplay voltage to the contacts “N” and “L” it looks to mee that the contact’s then potential free from the suplay voltage. otherwise the red wire was not nessesery.

(just my opninion)

I also have issues connecting new zigbee Aquara devices, 26 are working (13 are routers) but I try to add a WXKG03LM.
It says ‘connecting device’ but it won’t step further and after a while I get the time out. And yes, I keep the device alive by pressing every second. I also tried the PTP for >15 minutes and restart the app. Nothing works… I did manage to remove and reinstall one of my Ikea repeaters, so it seems that it only affects Aquara devices.
Any tips, besides resetting the Zigbee network? (I dont want to do this wth so many devices and flows)

Hmm, ok… I updated my Homey to V3.0.0 and now I’m able to add the devices (even from a distance of 2m)

Tested and this is not the case! The red wire made me purchase these relays, later to find out the are not potential free.

Hi, I’d LOVE to control smart valves(trv - like Netatmo/Tado…), can we expect this from Xiaomi ?
Or it is possible to control a smart valve from different brand on xiaomi home app?

Update on the Aqara Switch (WXKG11LM),

So i assume it was a doa, sended it back to the seller.
But i bought a aqara door sensor, which worked seamless the first time.

Thanks anyway for the support.

1 Like

Hello,
sadly there is no search thread internal function in long thready as this one. So I hope my following question hasn’t been answered in one of the past 1161 posts.
All (but one) of my Aqara sensors (mostly door/window sensors, but also two movement, two switches, one temperature sensor and the cube) do report constantly a battery level of 100%. But as they are already working more than half a year this can’t be true. There is only one door/window sensor that reports 83%. Battery type seems to be reported correctly.

Anyone with a hint how I can see the true battery level for all the other sensors?