[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I am getting stuck on adding device when trying to add a new vibration sensor. Anyone else?

After the update and a homey reboot, the whole zigbee did not start up :weary:
Rebooting homey with the xiaomi app disabled helps, starting the app 3min after the reboot and everything is fine again.:+1:

So check if you zigbee network is up and running.

I have 14 Aqara motion sensors and there is a huge problem with them. Sometimes they won’t register motion on homey, just LX. Sometimes the sensors dies and I need to push the button or re-add it to homey again. This is not just one sensor, this happens to all of them. I have 10 routers so that should not be the problem.

Same here. I only got two Aqara motion sensors but they have been working very reliable the last 2 years but after the last update they started failing now and then. I am also facing problems removing and adding sensors.

Same here, I keep deleting and adding sensor’s each week. :sob:

2 Likes

I have a Mija Body Movement Sensor that’s hacked, but every few hours it doesn’t send the movement anymore. It does no come back automatically only when I add the sensor again the the homey

After the update of the Xiaomi / Aqara Smart Home - Zigbee App to 0.6.2. My Aqara wirless Switch no longer works. Hope that a solution will be found.
They are still known in the zigbee device list.

You already pressed the button to wake it?

Love the app, but like the others, I have problem with the latest update, I can’t add new devices (amount is not maxed out)

Is there a maximum of total devices? i’m at 16 at the moment.

you can have 20 battery powered devices for every powerline powered device. IKEA has some cheap extenders if needed, that works well for me, they also extend the range of the Zigbee network.

1 Like

Sorry for my late response. but with which button you can wake him up.
I used one of the two buttons on the front. With the switch close to the homey. But they still don’t work.

There is, but it’s at 20 PER ROUTER afaik.
Meaning if you’re just using Homey as the router it may stop at 20 directly connected devices.

as soon as you use a wired powered repeating Zigbee device (eg a bulb) then you can go for another 20.
You may wanna check your connections in the appropriate Zigbee tab here:

https://developer.athom.com/

If you’re adding a new wire-powered Zigbee device it automatically acts as an additional router.

To force Homey building the mesh for Zigbee new just pull the plug (PTP) and wait for 15 minutes before plugging back in.

The button that u used for pairing. I don’t own that device so I am not aware whether there is a dedicated button for pairing; but yes - he means the pairing button.

Hallo, wĂ€re es möglich, einer Inverter-Option in den Einstellungen des TĂŒrsensors zu implementieren?
Grund: Der Sensor wird verwendet, um beim Schließen zu alarmieren (hier in einer Klingel die Aktivierung durch die Klingelspule). Könnte aber auch fĂŒr andere Anwendungen hilfreich sein.
Mit einem passenden Flow kann man zwar die Benachrichtigung bei “Alarm ausgegangen” einrichten. Der Sensor/Alarm ist aber so dauernd “Aktiv” in der Homey App.
Schön wĂ€re, eine Alarm-Umkehrung zu definieren, so dass der Alarm fĂŒr diesen Sensor nur ausgelöst wird, wenn der Magnet und Sensor zusammen kommen.

English please

1 Like

Hello Martijn, sorry for confusion. The forum was displayed in german (auto-translated?).
So here is the english version:

Would it be possible to include a option in the settings for the door/window sensor to invert the alarm?

My situation: I installed a door sensors inside a door bell to get an alert if the activated coil deactivates the sensor alarm. There are other possibilities where you eant to get an alert if the magnet gets close to the sensor.
It’s possible to manage the app message with a flow on alarm deactivation. But the sensor is displayed in alarm state the whole time.
A option to invert the alarm state would be great, so that the alarm is raised when magnet and sensor are getting together.

Thanks for checking this suggestion.

Regards
Ronny

@RonnyW - You can do it with a flow

Of course I can send notification with a flow (using the “alamr-off” event).
But if I want to get an alert on closing the sensor, the state in Homey is wrong and confusing :slight_smile:
In default state (sensor is open, no alarm), Homey is showing an alarm. If the alarm reason coud be switched in the sensor setting, the sensor could give an alarm on closing instead of opening.

I know, most peaple would use this sensor on doors/windows. But there could be several situations to get an alarm on closing. And such a inverting woudl it make easier with flows and the current sensor states in Homey.

That was just a suggestion to be discussed :wink:

@TedTolboom I’ve sent you a 30€ contribution.
I would love to see support for the B1 curtain motor. Keep up the good work!