[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Hi, any plans to support the Aqara Water Leak sensors?
https://www.aqara.com/en/water_leak_sensor.html
It shows up as a generic Zigbee devices with these valiues:

IMG_1848

1 Like

A search for ā€˜waterā€™ in this topic is a pretty easy way to get an answer :wink:

Spoiler alert: only after a ZigBee update from Athom. Xiaomi / Aqara Smart Home - Zigbee App (v0.5.5)

Well, this depends on your type of wall box really.
In a single ,68mm circular, wall box, it will fit but there is no room left for a switch.
In a multi-box, there is plenty room.
I expect it to fit correctly in a square wall box as well.

Because of the antenna (you can see it in the 2nd picture), I expect the range to be excellent.

I canā€™t get the Smart Socket Plug to pair with Homey. I have recently purchased this (after the latest update), so I suspect that there has been made a small change in the connection protocol, which makes it impossible to add the smart plug.

I opened a git-ticket, but Iā€™m also trying here, to see if someone else has experienced the same issue. My smart plug is only blinking orange, and not red and then blue, as the ā€œadd deviceā€ flow says it should. It is definitely resetting when holding the power-button for 6 seconds or so.

Youā€™re sure youā€™re using a Zigbee version of the plug, not the wifi version? In case of the wifi version, you need the other Xiaomi app for Mi Home products.

Yea, I got this question on another topic as well. Iā€™ve clearly bought the wrong one, without knowing there were two different versions.
Iā€™m gonna stick to the Osram-plugs instead of buying a new one from China. Thanks for thinking with me!

Tried searching but still canā€™t find a straight answer for the zigbee problems. Today I got myself a xiaomi cube and a double wireless wallswitch and was eager to add them to my Homey 2018, but the fun stops here. There is no reaction when trying to add the devices, just times out. I have earlier successfully added the xiaomi pir and temp sensors (6 zigbee sensors in total so the amount should be within the limit).

Have tried ptp with the same result. Can anyone shed some light on this? Are there any known problems with adding zigbee devices as of lately?

Appreciate any help.

Can u tell us , the more the better, how u added or tried to add the device?

Was (tried) added as per instructions, wall switch (2018) pressing 10 sec on one paddle and device is reacting as it should with blinking 3 times after release.

Cube hold 5 sec and make sure the led blinks 3 times after and keep alive with pressing button every couple of seconds.

As said, the devices are reacting normally but homey will not catch their signals. And yes, adding is done right by the Homey < 1 cm. Other already added zigbee devices are functioning perfect.

So I really donā€™t see any other explanation than thwre is a sw problem in homey when addingā€¦

Submitted a ticket with Athom also now to see if there is anything else than the zigbee rewrite we are all waiting forā€¦

hi there. iā€™m new in homey world so please excuse my ignorance and unwillingness to scroll through 801 posts. if i go down the aqara route, does home talk directly to the devices, or do i need the aqara hub as well?

Thank you for reporting this issue!

Unfortunately, this issue concerns an app that is not developed by us, but by a developer in our community.
You can contact the developer of this app via the Appstore. Please report this issue to this developer so he is aware of this issue.

If you have any issues regarding the Homey software or mobile app, feel free to contact us again.

Well, not much help there. They did not even understand the problem it seems. Well well, try again in a few weeks timeā€¦

I saw this on Ali (link):

Does anybody have experience with it?
Would it be possible to add it to the App?

4 Likes

Got a motion sensor that doesnt work properly. Added it but always on alarmScreenshot_20190526-080439_Homey

Hi. Thank you for the great work in this app.
I just got my homey and Iā€™m lowig it.

However I want to added my temp sensor to the system, but when I try to create a flow I canā€™t choose a fixed temp. Or it temp lower thanā€¦
I can only set it to react on chaneses. Is there something I donā€™t get or is this just the way it is.

Thanks

@TedTolboom

Is there anything logical in this? I would have thought that homey would start the inclusion process even if there were any problems with the appā€¦?

Did you already try to reset the devices prior adding to Homey? Often that helps.

If you have the Xiaomi app installed, you could also try to add it with the Homey generic Zigbee add. It should be able to find the right app/driver if inclusion is successful.

With the wall switch: try to do the inclusion with both paddles pressed. You will have to press them for 10 seconds or so.

Hi Peter, and thanks for your answer.

Tried with generic zigbee also, no reaction unfortunately.
So Iā€™m still thinking this is a homey problem. Two paddles is no better, and I think this is also the reset for the wireless switch.

Iā€™ll try to go through support again.

Hmm, how many Zigbee devices linked to Homey directly do you have? Could be that it is related to the max amount of devices (although some say this is a problem and others say itā€™s bullocks)ā€¦

7,so it should not be a problem. Iā€™ve seen the discussions about the max zigbee problem but donā€™t think it applies on my homey yet.

Funny thing is that all other zigbee devices are working flawlessly but now I just canā€™t include these two devices.