[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I doubt update of the app will trigger motion sensor alarm. Never happened on my 11 motion sensor before. But what could happen - some of the sensor might get stuck in the ALARM state, eg. due to the poor ZigBee mesh - yet again it’s not really caused by the app update I guess.

Never happen to me as well. I have separate area secured with acoustic alarm and today it was false triggered for the first time. As described above, it was after app update, together with other sensors battery status update message. I was just curious whether someone else has such experience.

Same thing here, every motion sensor is triggered by movement, but no one is at home. No big deal for me though…

I have the same problem, after the update some random motion sensors are stuck in the trigger state. The sensor in my bathroom for example is triggered for more than an hour now. I also get a lot of devices that report battery status since the update(see screenshots)

Try to wake them up - eg. using button. That helped me on two sensors.

Doesn’t help for me, but after some investigation it looks like it is only on the older type of sensors, the newer type work just fine.

Similar situation here.
Sensors can become non-responsive at any time. Also during an alarm.
Waking up the sensor (pushing button) does not help.
Readding to the network (without removing first) does not help either.
For a few days the alarm stayed and the sensor did not communicate.
Then I removed the sensor and re-added the sensor to the network.

I can’t believe it, but I noticed fake motion alarms now on 4 sensors during last few hours - different sensors, different locations…so you may notice it right after all @Igy

@TedTolboom do you think latest update can be really causing that ?
I just did another reboot to see if anything will change…

It seems it’s happening with lumi.sensor_motion only, while lumi.sensor_motion.aq2 is fine ?..

This might be related to the update, I will investigate and push a fix (if needed) tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thank you - btw also it seems those sensors get stuck in motion detected then, while move and/or waking them up using pair button seems to return them to correct state.
Also it’s happening quite randomly, not sure if it will help but here is diag. after reboot and after waking sensors up (as they were stuck) - 3623100e-7ffc-42d4-86ca-4c0b3fcf6bb5

The false triggers of the motion sensor should be fixed (or contained) with release v1.1.4.

It was an issue originating from the lifeline report parser used for the battery reporting that also updates the alarm state, which is working correctly for the door sensor, but not for the occupancy sensor.

Boo boo from my side, but released today, not tomorrow…

4 Likes

…and I was thinking how easily I will disable motion sensors in my house during night to ensure my kids will not think it’s already Halloween ;-)))
Thank you @TedTolboom, simply awesome you are.

Update - 1.1.4 - so far all OK ! :wink:

With 1.1.4. After PTP still motion alerts :disappointed:

You mean like randomly? Or stuck in motion alert state. Which sensors?
For me it was ok whole night, no false triggers on any of motion sensors.
If you have devices stuck, press 2 times the pair button (maybe even one press could be ok) and wait few minutes - by this I was able to fix all those false ones.

1 Like

Hi, i have 4 xiaomi light sensors, 1 works perfectly (on homey 4.2.0 and aqara & xiaomi smart home app v0.8) but the others can not be added? they come from the same store.
The one that DOES work has a zb_manufacturer_name " LUMI" and the ones that do not work all show " XIAOMI" for the rest they are identical as far as i can tell.
When I try to add one of the sensors,its added as a simple zigbee device as homey states that there are no apps available for the sensor.
Is this a bug in the app or am I doing something wrong?

See this issue on github:

Thanks for thinking along, but don’t rush to conclusions…

Which option are you using when including the sensor?
Homey > Zigbee or Aqara app > specific device ?
Although the first will go well in the majority of cases, I would strongly recommend to always use the second option (Aqara app > specific device).

Why, because additional inclusion instructions are provided and in some cases the manufacturer ID is not send by the device, so no macht is found, which is contained by this option.

This does explain you ending up with a generic Zigbee device.

Hi Ted,
I used option two, so I went via your app to the specific device and tried to add it like that (I tried option one aswell later)
Yet the result remains the same, I get the generic zigbee device.

Can you share a screenshot of the device ID’s, when added like a generic Zigbee device?

On the issue on inability to connect new devices, I just received a brief update from Athom.

With the feedback and diagnostics logs provided, Athom received sufficient information to analyze the problem and look for a solution to resolve it.
Like indicated before, inclusion of devices is handled in Homey’s core and not in the Aqara app. So this is outside of my ability to fix and Athom is working on it.

2 Likes