Anyone interested in my Glance wall mounted iPad app?

Because my home is automated I don’t need my wall mounted iPad to control anything. So I decided to create an iPad app which you can use to display useful information at a glance. For example I push a message when it’s going to rain, my car starts charging according to low prices, charging finished etc.

At the photo I took you can see I pushed the current electrical price for the coming hour.

The app will spawn a http server where you can post the glances to. You will hear a whoosh should if there is a new glance. Also I’ve added a function call to light up the screen which I use when I approach the iPad.

Icon (limited set of icons)

• Icon Color
  • Title

The messages are stacked, which means you can dismiss them by swiping them away.
Also at the bottom you can see the latest glances that were pushed. You can tap the icon to show the glance.

The particles in the background are animated and are adopted to the icon color.

I can roll this out for iOS and Android.

Anyone interested? Suggestions? Leave a comment.

3 Likes

Sounds great! I am an Android user.

Looks very nice!

Looks interesting. My wife is often asking if we have generated enough electricity to put the washing machine or dishwasher on, so I could push a message when the battery is charged and she would know without asking me.

Are you using the built-in Flow cards for sending messages?
If so, any plans to build a Homey app that discovers the server and simplifies the pushing of messages?

Hello Mextur, I would very much like that app. Looking for a display that can show any text from homey pro 2023. Was looking for a ticker like display for an iPad mini, to display f.e.: what kind of garbage is collected. Weather throughout the day, etc.
But this looks pretty neat too!!