Ambient Weather App

Wondering if anyone has seen this error on the Ambient Weather app when trying to add the weather station into Homey? Generated a new API key, submit it in the app, but it errors out with this message: "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘location’)

Probably you made a typing error, if possible, show your input so we can see if something is wrong.

I’ll try to provide the steps I’m following - I’ve tried it multiple times on both the mobile (IOS) and web app (using Chrome) and am using cut/paste from the Ambient website for the API key.

Select + New Device
Select Ambient Weather
Select Weather Station
Select Connect in the dialog to Connect Weather Station to Homey
The Ambient Weather dialog appears for API KEY input
Log into my Ambient Weather account and copy the API KEY that I generated for Homey (I have one other API Key generated from my prior use of SmartThings.
Paste into the dialog - I make sure that there are no extra characters or spaces
Click Next
brief flash of ‘searching for devices’ shows up, then jumps to the above dialog.

The first thing what came to mind is you probably haven’t allowed the Homey app to the phone’s location sensor?

After the failed attempt can you send a Diagnostics log so I can see if it shows where the error occurs?

Hi Peter - interesting thought, although I double checked and it is enabled.

1 Like

Hi Adrian - thanks for the offer to look into it. The diagnostics code is 77A6889A

I haven’t received a Diagnostics report. Did you make it from the App screen or from the Homey settings?

Yes - was doing it wrong. Did this one from the app screen.
cadccc82-439f-498b-8924-9c5216a4c8cd

thx!
Laef

Made another attempt to send a diagnostic report after a failed device add. 433818d0-db1e-4a63-a994-8524ede9cbd5