[NEW APP][PRO] Raspberry Pi

Test version: Raspberry Pi App for Homey | Homey

Monitor the system status

GPU and CPU temperature, load, scaling, memory usage, disk usage, users, ethernet and wifi bandwidth, GPIO, and more :slight_smile:

Control from Homey

Shutdown or reboot the system, update the OS, and control the outputs of the GPIO.

Docker containers

Stop, start and restart containers

Run CLI commands

From an advanced flow you can run any command you like (I hope you know what you are doing :grimacing:)

How to setup

In your Raspberry Pi you need to have SSH access enabled. Per default the user ‘pi’ is used for Homey to login, but you could setup a different user if you want. In Homey enter the IP address of the Rpi, and supply the username and password.

Does it work on other Linux hardware?

The app is designed to work with Raspberry Pi hardware and Raspberry OS. Other hardware and Linux distributions might partly work. Just try and find out!

DONATE

If you like the app, don’t hesitate to DONATE

6 Likes

Example use cases with flows

System security:

System safety:

System maintenance:

GPIO monitoring:

6 Likes

Homey and HA are growing more and more together. I’m excited to see what I can do with this app. The temperature sensors are very suitable for letting Homey control temperature-dependent cooling for the Raspi.

1 Like

Whoohoo! :partying_face:

Athom approved the app. It is now available as stable version in the app store:

8 Likes

The app looks great! I tried adding a non RPi device but when I want to add the device I get the following error: Error: cannot read properties of null (reading ‘toString’). This problem occurs on both my Homey 2023 and 2016.

Is this because my device is incompatible or could this be a small bug?

If it is not an RPi you are trying to add, it is not a bug .
But pls do send a app diagnostics report to see if there is a quick fix for you :kissing_heart:.

Thanks I send you the diagnostic report with number:
8135c7d4-57b2-48f5-829e-9b80fcb9637f

v1.0.1 is ready for testing: Raspberry Pi | Homey

• Improved non-RPi support.
  • Minor textual changes.
  • Updated brand color.

@daniel3 please test for your non-RPi device.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick fix! I can add the device now. The only strange thing that I see now is that my CPU temperature is -273,3 degrees Celcius.

1 Like

@Gruijter works great for my OctoPI installation, nice to see also how Raspberry operates not just Octoprint installed on it :wink: Well done !

Just to have fun, I tried that also on my VU+ (Linux vusolo2 3.13.5 #1 SMP Fri Sep 11 08:15:30 CEST 2020) but got Error: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘toString’) - but that was really just for fun :wink:

1 Like

Awesome! You got a quantum computer :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Just FYI, not sure it’s because of OctoPI specific

Reboot

Similar to shutdown…
shutdown

Also HINT, there is Shutdown command, or ? :wink:
shuthint

Linux octopi 5.10.103-v7l+ #1529 SMP Tue Mar 8 12:24:00 GMT 2022 armv7l GNU/Linux

But don’t worry about that if it’s due to the specific of OctoPI

Yeah I think so.

Yes, but why do you hint about that?

Oh, sorry, I read it “There is no command to power off” :upside_down_face: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Nice job with latest update !! :+1:

1 Like

Wow, great, was just looking for a device with some more IO capability, even thought about a Wago remote IO coupler. This is way better.
I need to buy a new Raspberry Pi, any suggestions? Does it work with a Zero as well?

1 Like

I already have a request.
Could you add an option to check if an input has changed?

Yes, when using Raspberry OS.

I’m following the standard Homey flow card behavior of onoff capabilities. This means a change of IO state will be triggered either by the card ‘GPIO turned high’ or by ‘GPIO turned low’. If you want to trigger on any state change, simply trigger on both cards (in an advanced flow) or create 2 flows (in standard flows).

1 Like

@Pieter_Pessers many thx for your donation Pieter! Much appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::beers: