[NEW APP][PRO] Raspberry Pi

Graag gedaan. Verdient.

2 Likes

Thanks, I will.
It’s just because on Shelly it is possible that I asked:

You can also reach Raspis with Home Assistant installed. All you need to do is install the “Terminal and SSH” add-on in HA. During configuration, you only need to assign port 22 and a password.

2 Likes

Nice. What OS is being used then? Is that a dedicated HA OS?

1 Like

Got my Pi Zero and added it as device, I can read all kind of Pi variables (temperature, CPU etc), but if I try to change the output of a pin, I get an error: Can’t set pin value, not an output.
I also tried to trigger an event whent a GPIO gets high, but no effect as well.

Am I missing/forgetting something?

edit: Also with GPIO 22, 21 and other, I had some confusion with the GPIO pin numbers.

edit2: I ssh’d into my Pi and changed an input into an output: “pinctrl set 16 op” and now it’s working. Inputs are working as well one of my breadboard cabe had a bad connector :frowning:

edit3: No need to SSH into my Pi, can do it in a flow as well:

1 Like

That means that pin is not configured as an output. You can use this command to set pin29 to output:
raspi-gpio set 29 op

More info on gpio can be found here: Quick Start: Raspberry Pi GPIO Terminal Interface - Embedded Computing Design

1 Like

@Geim (assuming it was you), many thx for your donation! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::partying_face:

Your most welcome and thanks for the support.

1 Like

As a long time unix and linux system administrator I do welcome this idea. However 1 thing should relative fast be updated: The password for the ssh-user should NOT be stored anywhere. Since ssh is used, it is better to use a key-exchange with public and private keys.

Once the key-access is in place I might even use it.

1 Like