Wiz Smart

@Jan-Ivar_Boyum two questions:

1. how is it going with the new app, can we help?

2. how do I add support for a new device to the old app? I have a device that is not detected.

I also hate cloud devices.

Regards

Peter

Hello. I myself have had a big problem with Detect of Devices, both in the old and new apps that I develop. The Device must be connected to the local network with Wiz’s app, but even then I have had a problem. It seems that the problem has come up with newer versions of Homey Operating System. Today I do test of the new app, and there I have dropped detection of the device and gone for a manual registration. There are still some UDP problems in the library (which was not there before), but I hope to be ready with the app this month. I’ll let you know as soon as the app is out on Github.

1 Like

If you upload it early, and describe where you have troubles I would love to assist. Have done addins for openHAB and have 20+ years of developer experience.

I have solved the problems I had around UDP. I am now in the middle of a functional test that I may have created more extensively than I thought. I also have a project going on with a scale for beehives based on IOT (NodeMSU) together with my son-in-law. In addition, May is a day with many public holidays in Norway. Nevertheless, I hope that I can publish the app on GitHub at the end of May.

I’m not sure if it’s supported in the official app, but it should be. I once developed an app that controlled Wiz devices in the local network (not via the cloud), and use a similar lamp in this app.

I have now posted a beta version of the new app. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with the old Wizbulbs app, but replaces it. This means that all Devicer must be re -entered (sorry for this), because the new app is based on Device functionality and not just on Device type. I have also chosen to use manual registration of Device as I found this both faster and safer than that detect method. The new app is called Wizwifi and the documentation can be found on the website WizWiFi APP for Homey, this page also has a link to the project at Github.

3 Likes

Just to inform, I have tested this new app, and it seems to be working well :tada:

There are still some issuses around flows that I’m looking into. The rest is checked out. I will put out the final version when I’m done with the issues.

I would love to use this app right away, but I am not familiar with the developer section of homey nor how to get and install the code from GitHub to homey.
If anyone wouldn’t mind, would you please give me some instructions for dummies on how to install this app on the homey developer side? And where do I find the homey developer?

Thank You very much!

I am now finished testing my new app WizWiFi that replaces my old app my WizBulbs (Note. It is not compatible with the old one). Link to description is: WizWiFi APP for Homey and since today there is no working community store, the app must be downloaded from the GITHUB (link on the website) and installed via the developer method.

Will you be submitting the app to homey to get them to add the app? I am not familiar with the developer install method.

I am in the process of approval of the app. This may take some time since the process is extensive. In the test done in the process, I managed to make create some errors in the UDP communication. I do this now, and will continue the process within a few days. The actual approval process may take some time.

Would you or anyone on the message board be willing to give me detailed instructions on how to install this app in the developer section? Please keep in mind I am not familiar with code or the developer area of homey.

Thanks!

Thank you very much, this sounds great👍🏼

To get the Homey developer environment follow this instruction: Getting Started | Homey Apps SDK. Then you have to download the app (source) you want to install to a directory on your local harddisk. Make sure Source Directory (which you downloaded) is Current Directory in the Nodejs terminal window. Run Homey Install Command in the Nodejs terminal window.

The app are now in the Homey App store, named WizLan (renamed from the original name WizWiFi because Homey suggested this in the process of putting it on the Homey App Store). For more information about the APP se the link for homepage.