Viessmann Vitodens: Control the Vitodens DHW heating from Homey?

Hey there,

I’m still struggling with connecting my viessmann central heating to homey pro. To be more precisely: I have connected it via Homa Assistant & the Homey App Home Assistant Community App.

I know that there is (unfortunately) no way to turn the hot water module on/off. I would now like to buy an electric heating module that can use the electricity from my photovoltaic system to heat the hot water in order to save gas. The part is from Viessmann and is basically an immersion heater that I want to connect to a smart socket and control depending on the status of my PV system. What I’m missing now is that I can prohibit the heating system from using gas when the immersion heater is running. As I can’t switch off the module, I would like to try using the target temperature. And that’s where my problem lies: I can’t find a corresponding variable with which I can set this temperature so low that the heating thinks it doesn’t need to heat. Has anyone managed to control the Vitodens DHW heating from Homey?

This is the immersion heater, I’m talking about:

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’ve understood the problem, but in the end you want to control or reduce the set temperature of the central heating, correct?
Can this be done with the integration in Home Assistant?

Hi Rainer,
I can not answer your question, but maybe it helps anyway.

We have a Vidodens 333-F, which is also connected to Home Assistant.
With that I have the option in Homey to heat up the water one time, and also to change the temperature.

I started to look in Viessmann central heating (over HA) using Homey, so most of functions are still not tested. :slight_smile:

Hi Warmduscher,

I fear that I don‘t have the same Entities. These are my entities that are not labelled as „sensors“:

binary_sensor.vicare_burner_active
binary_sensor.vicare_circulation_pump_active
binary_sensor.vicare_dhw_circulation_pump_active
binary_sensor.vicare_dhw_pump_active
binary_sensor.vicare_frost_protection_active
button.activate_one_time_charge
climate.vicare_heating
number.e3_vitodens_300_0419_komforttemperatur
number.e3_vitodens_300_0419_normaltemperatur
number.e3_vitodens_300_0419_reduzierte_temperatur
number.e3_vitodens_300_0419_steigung_der_heizkurve
number.e3_vitodens_300_0419_verschiebung_der_heizkurve
water_heater.vicare_water

Am I right that sensor-entities can not be changed?

Yes that’s also my understanding that sensors can only measure.

Are there any other entities in HA for Viessmann?
I imported only some entities to Homey with the HA Community App, but I can see in Homey also the type Thermostat and Taste
I’ll back home tomorrow, then I can send you a list of my entities in HA.

You have a button to heat up one time.
This button can be added to your Homey device.

If the button is shown in your HA device, you can easily add these additional entities via device settings.

As other option you can add the entity manually via repair screen.

Thanks for all the answers so far.

I fear I better should delete and integrate the central heating again into HA. Seems like I’m missing some of the entities. Or is there a smarter way to add missing ones?

The climate entity has current and target temperature. That is what you need.
Add this entity as climate device to Homey via HA community app. The follow one of the linked possibilities above to add the additional sensors/buttons to your Homey device.
The climate device offers all possibilities known from a Homey climate device (depending on features of your HA device).

Hi Rainer,
I checked now the entities in HA, and the relevant ones to change temperature are marked in my screenshot above.
For me it was easy and straight forward to use Ronny’s app, but not used in the moment. Follow the instruction, then it’s quickly done.
Everything else is already mentioned from Ronny.