Venetian blinds + Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 + Fibaro Athom B.V. - No Rotation control

Roller Shutter 3 & Venetian blinds Workaround (Revision 2)

After recent upgrades of Homey Firmware I have changed the way how to pair the Roller Shutter 3 in the unsecure way. This is neccessary to be able to send raw command to device for triming the lamelas. And also number for fully open lamelas has been updated instead of 99 its 60 ( and i have no idea why - it just resilt of experimenting)

1. Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 needs to be paired into homey z-way network as insecure:

• Start Pairing as Roller Shutter 3
  • Pairing according to homey screen guide (in my case twice tripple click on blind control switch 1 works better since button B is not accessible)
  • When Homey pairing guide will ask you for secure pin, answer 00000 (zeros) since this is invalid, it will pair your device in insecure way, so you’ll be able to control lamelas tilt using flows with zwave raw commands.

2. Configure the Roller Shutter 3 for Venetian blinds

• set custom parameters: Device/Advanced Settings/Raw Configuration Parameters/Value: 151,1,2;152,4,150;153,1,0; (it will say that you have blinds with lamelas)
  • set calibration to start: Device/Advanced Settings/Start calibration
  • do’nt be surprised that Roller Shutter 3 will remember tilt of lamelas after the blind position change - it will open/close during movement and then lamelas will be set to last position again. Looks bit strange but its correct behavior and confirmation that you have configure the type of blind in the right way.
  • note the DeviceID (for example 42) in Advanced Settings screen of device… you will need it later in Z-wave raw commads.

3. Test the blinds

• if you are able to control blinds position (Homey/Device/Slider)
  • you can also test blinds and lamelas using connected wall switch (up and down, lamelas trim using up/down long press)
  • fine tune the time to full trim lamelas, if the time to fuľl open is too long blinds are moving after lamelas are full open. In my case i’ve changed default value 150ms to 110 ms. (sixth number in raw parameter config: 151,1,2;152,4,110;153,1,0; )
  • if the time will be accurate then when it you will trim lamelas blinds will not move unnecesary too much, and also partial trimming of lamelas will be more precise (eg 50%)

4. Create custom flow for triming lamelas

• new Flow using Z-wave raw comand:
  • When…: card: Flow/This flow is started
  • Then…: card: System/Z-Wave/Send raw command, DeviceID: numeric id of your Roller Shutter 3 (one noted n previous step), Parameter: 0x60,0x0D,0x13,0x02,0x26,0x01,99
    Parameter is the sentence in hexadecimal but could be on decimal or mixed. Hexa values are mostly specified in device manuals so youll be able to check them, if you are interested in its meaning. Basicaly it says that we are sending command to Endpoint2 (lamelas) that we would like to set level of lamelas to 100% (full open) - the last number in decimal 99 (or 0x63 hexa)
  • after another homey update i found that 99 is not anymore maximum its now decimal 60
  • To close lamelas (change the last number to 0), to open lamelas (60), to partialy open lamelas (30), etc…
    (Btw you can control also the position of blinds using such raw command too… just change fourth number of endpoint to 1 (0x60,0x0D,0x13,0x01,0x26,0x01,99), or you can send even direct comand without specification of endpoint since endpoint1 is considered as default - root)

5. Create flows which includes those trimming lamelas flows

• to open lamelas at the sun rise
  • to close blinds and close lamelas
    (This is up to you and its not part of this guide… yet, dont forgot about Duplicate flow function in case you ave more blinds… just remember to change DeviceID)

6. Test it and finetune

• test the sequence timing… and fine tune the flows, dont hasitate to share with us your findings…
  • for example partial open flow trim lamelas diferently when its launched from open state than from closed… so its good to close it first and then partialy open…

Known limitiation (so far):

1. Roller Shutter is not connecteŕd in secure way
  2. Missing device UI for lamelas control in Homey (only flows)
  3. You cannot send more commands in same time (to trim and to set position) it needs to be sequenced…

And as usual… use on your own risk… for your own good…