The new Homey Pro — Ask Me Anything

I won’t tell you how I do it, but my presence detection is very reliable.
Irony off

Maybe you should tell us how you are currently doing it (including hardware and software details), what problems you are having and what you tried yourself already.

1 Like

Im using homey pro 2023
2 phones.
Galaxy s23 ultra. No problems with that one
Galaxy A53 this is the one i have probles with. (My wife’s phone)

Same settings on the phone. But it keeps saying im home. She is not home. Even after hours have past. Next time as soon as she leaves. Ping homey wife leaves. She comes home lights stay off becose she is not home yet.

Some ideas…

Is Homey app running in background?
Excluded the app from power saving options?
GPS on?
Not on the suspended app list (after a time not used)?

2 Likes

I’m getting “Maximum number of Variables reached: 250” when trying to add a new variable.
Have restored a backup from my HP2019 that has over 2680 variables…
How do I disable this limitation in HP2023?

What for?

Contact Athom or hack your HP23 :frowning:

My bad, checked the “All variables in flows” value in “Flow Checker” and it says 2682, but that’s incorrect.
Counting the number of variables resulted in 502.
I have 200+ devices (physical & logical) and I’d like to keep track of a number of parameters per flow (have 150+ flows based on 40+ apps). My HP19 does not have any limitation as to the number of variables (or it’s above 502)… Anyhow, It would be interesting to know why the limitation exists on the HP23 but not on the HP19…

The limit was increased in rc137, probably a accidental copy paste from the Homey (cloud) code, so if you don’t have that update, you probably want to install it.
Older Homey Pro’s probably have a limit too, but you haven’t reached it yet.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, updating now :slight_smile:

Are you tracking some device parameters ? Maybe you would like to take a look on InfluxDb App for Homey | Homey or < Insights2SQL² > App for Homey | Homey …but if the update will resolve your problem, then probably no reason for some optimisation :wink:

Hey everyone, given that the AMA was 10 months ago, i’m going to be closing off this thread.
For questions regarding the HP23, you can now ask in the community forums, or for help please contact support.

Thanks

7 Likes