Suggestions

I apologise for the english thread in the DE forums;

I am from Australia :australia: :boomerang: but I will actually be in Germany :de: during late December with my wife.

Including Christmas eve/day in Berlin, In Australia almost everything is closed on Christmas day, so I was wondering if anyone has any idea of what is or is not open on Christmas day in Berlin - and perhaps any suggestions for things a tourist can do on Christmas in Berlin?

Thanks!

Flagged as „Wrong language category“. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m not from Berlin, but I guess all shops will be open until 2-6 p.m on Christmas Eve. Some restaurants will be open on all of the Christmas days.
In addition I recommend to have a look on the official webpage of Berlin:

Hi Jamie, welcome in Germany :slight_smile:

as Dirk said, mist shops will be open until 2 pm.
Restaurants usually have only a christmas dinner with preselecte menu and mostly only with table reservation. So if would like to have a dinner you should search a nice restaurant and make a reservation.

I hope here are some people from Berlin with some proposals.
Especially if and which christmas marked could be still opened st 24th december.

In Australia, the ‘big day’ is the 25th of December.

But it sounds like Christmas eve is the important one in Germany?

So shop close on Chirstmas eve (24th) at 2pm, some restaurants will be open that night. What about the 25th and 26th is everything closed on those days too?

Yes, christmas eve ist the important one with presents and family dinner.
The 25./26. are public holidays. Most people are visiting the family this time for christmas meal.
Shops are closed as this are public holidays.
In some cities, special christmas markets are opened these days, but most are closed at 23./24. So I hope someone from Berlin can give you some suggestions for local events.