Simple LOG app - Former main topic [Deprecated]

@Niels having trouble downloading the log to a CSV file from the developer page. Getting following error selecting the download button:

CSV log file can’t be downloaded within the app.
Go to the Homey developer site at Homey Developer Tools
Open the Simple log settings,
then use the CSV button.
Or copy the log in CSV format below:

Any clue?

Start reading the posts above here, there is your answer. There are also some solutions mentioned.

Sorry for the question…

When you open the link, you’ll see a virtual phone app.

• Find and hit the SimpleLog app, there’s the .csv download button to be found.

Does this work for you Peter? For me and many others, it doesn’t as you can read in the posts here above.

Hi Jan, I was under the impression they tried the download using the phone app.

At the developer site it works, but use the Firefox browser (it doesn’t work with Chrome, same as the Homey recovery procedure…).

@Niels , Hi Niels, Simple Log allows us to put something on the timeline. But wouldn’t it be nice if we could also remove something from the timeline with a flow. There is another app for this, but it is not approved by Athom. It’s just a thought. greetings Ton

1 Like

The only way to remove entries from the timeline is by the use of webapi keys. See Welcome to the Web API documentation :wave: - Homey Web API. I’ve tried every possible way, but without the Web API I simply couldn’t get it working. Maybe @Niels can find a way, that would be nice.

Athom won’t hand out API Credentials often, and apparently an app for cleaning the timeline is not seen as “a great idea”, even though many people would like that function.

Still, < Timeline Manager² > does the job, but can only be downloaded from the Homey Community Store.

1 Like

Thank you for your comprehensive answer. Even without being able to remove a timeline line, it’s a great app.

Would it be possible to extend Clear and Get commands to have Group as parameter so that it can be achieved that actions Clear and Get are taken for a specific Log-Group?

Developer site option doesn’t seem to work in Edge either:

Clicking the button just produces:

> CSV log file can't be downloaded within the app.
> Go to the Homey developer site at https://developer.athom.com/tools/app-settings
> Open the Simple log settings,
> then use the CSV button.
> Or copy the log in CSV format below:

& then I get a wierd separator between some of the fields: “undefined”, like this:

date;group;data

2022-02-10T08:30:57.189Z;undefined;Main bath inactive, 49, corridor: 38 , low threshold 25, fan off
2022-02-10T08:03:23.554Z;undefined;Main bath: 79, corridor: 38, high threshold +40, fan on

What is Edge?

That is the reason why I wrote:

I wasn’t planning on listing all other non-compatible browser brands :grin:

But it is silly it only works using ONE specific browser. In the year 2022…

Edge is Microsoft’s browser. Market share about 1% below Firefox, but based on Chromium like Chrome, Opera, etc. which is why I suppose it doesn’t work. I’m not really going to install and run Firefox, just for this functionality, so will stick with cut & paste and then some Excel-ery to get a usable CSV

I was joking a bit, I know what Edge is :wink: I only never use it myself.

I use it when a site doesn’t work with something in Chrome. Haven’t used Firefox in 10+ years

Will this great app be updated to SDK3?

I already send a P.M. to @Niels , but no response so far.

1 Like

Any news on an SDK3 update? I see Arie took over, so that sounds good :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, update coming!

5 Likes

Great!! Thank you Arie. I’ve spent an hour replacing all Simple Log-cards for Papertrails, but sadly Papertrails is not stable and suitable for larger log files. I can’t view the logs on my phone because the app crashes. So great news I can use Simple Log again!