Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products

Hi,

I´m considering buying ring alarm gen 2 and intergrate with Homey.

Has this problem been fixed?….And is it only with Ring and Heimdal together or is it also problem with just the Ring app?

Welcome to the forum @Bjarne_Lund.

Please understand there is no integration between Homey and a Ring Alarm system. This app lets you add Ring devices such as the keypads, motion- and door sensors as devices to Homey. There they will behave as any other Z-Wave device from other brands. Added benefit of this app is that it will integrate keypads in Heimdall.

Thank you for clearing this up for me😀

Hi Danee, i installed ring v2 keypad and there ara a lot of freezes of the panel… proximity disabled yet

1. when disarming, a lot of times, the keypad says the message 2 times and then freezes.
  2. in arming delay, after the delay, sometimes the red line on the keypad remains ON and freezes.

the only solution is a short “pinhole” and the keypad restarts regularly.

Hi Davide,

Unfortunately I can’t do anything when a Z-Wave device freezes, that’s something that happens in the device itself. Somehow these 2nd Generation Keypad aren’t as stable as the 1st Generation Keypads.

ok. thank you for the answer… i’ll try some settings and position…

Thank you Danee, you are the best! The two apps Ring and Heimdall are absolutely brilliant and harmonize together like an orchestra. The simplicity of your apps is top notch. This is how Smart Home is fun! I hope the little extra will help you for further developments.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your donation and appreciation Michel, this just made my day :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello everyone

I’ve read the whole thread, my problem with the Keypad V2 is described there several times. I have the same problem, my keypad keeps freezing, mostly it doesn’t work 24 hours after pairing. I’ve done the following several times:

• newly paired
  • Factory reset
  • Motion detection is always off

My installation:

• Homey Pro 2023
  • Ring Security app latest version
  • I only use the keypad for Heimdall, I don’t have any other Ring products.

Could the problem possibly have something to do with the firmware version of the keypad?
Can someone tell me what firmware he has, where it works?

Or do you now know where this error comes from?

Thanks for your support.

Hi there,
I have three Ring Keypads V2 connected to my homey. Concerning the Chime-function: the sound is played all the time on the same keypad, I have disconnected and reconnected them already. The Chime sound plays on only one of them, at the moment only on the last added keypad.
So, it doesn’t matter which keypad I selected in the flow action tile.
Hoping it’s clear what I mean,
Regards!

That’s a strange one to be honest, flow cards are device specific. I don’t see how this could happen but let’s try to figure it out.

• Can you please paste a screenshot of your flow here?

• Can you please stop the app, start it again, wait until the app is started and next run the flow to sound the chime. Next send a Diagnostics Report from the app.

I’ve seen the report, I’ll look into it and get back to you.

New version published

Version: 0.2.13

• Fixed bug in flow action cards for keypads
  • Add tamper detection for Contact Sensor V2

In this version the bug reported by CJA is fixed. Thanks for reporting and testing @CJA!
And it also includes the Pull Request by @alistair which adds tamper detection to the Contact Sensor V2, thanks for submitting it!

Hi, does your Keypad V2 still works like a charm?
Could you please send me some informations about your keypad?
See my post:

Maybe that helps me to find out the problem or maybe i can set the firmware to the same like yours…

Thank you

I sell my ring keypad v2 with early firmware version(no problems) , I don’t know if this allowed here if not then I will remove this post

Please keep the conversation in English, I can’t help you if I can’t understand what you’re saying or asking.

Hello, I don’t understand how to integrate the keyboard with the ring security application. It is indicated to press key 1 but nothing happens, thank you in advance

Well, if you have followed the inclusion process to the letter and you can’t include the keypad two things can be at fault. Either your keypad is faulty or Z-Wave on your Homey is not working correctly.

Do you see any error in the developer tools? (https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/zwave)

Have you tried restarting Homey, wait a couple of minutes and then add the keypad?

Were you able to succesfully add other Z-Wave devices?

If your Z-Wave is working for other devices I’m afraid the keypad itself is faulty and I advise you to return it to the store you bought it from.

My problem is I don’t understand the inclusion process. It just asks me to press the number 1 but nothing happens… the Z-Wave on the Homey works fine and the keyboard works fine in the Ring Amazon app.
inclusion in Homey is compatible with the Ring amazon app?