Response on push confirmation after 30+ minutes not processed

Hi everyone.

I have tried to search the forum but haven’t found anything. I would like to use push confirmations for a lot of things but I have found it to be unreliable, especially when I take a while to respond.

Finally trying to get to the bottom of this, it looks like when it goes beyond 30 minutes, it does not process my response anymore. This might happen often if I don’t have my phone at hand or are busy.

Is this a known bug? Are there any solutions?

I’m using the app on Android phone by the way.

I think I can confirm it (also on Android, but not sure if it’s Android related), using Advanced flow.
Well, it should stay active a little longer than 30 minutes imho!

Workaround:
When not responded within 30mins, start the flow within 30min again, it sends a new push and doesn’t interrupt the flow ‘flow’.

Importable flow (Howto: click here)

[TEF:FLOWS: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]
1 Like

Shouldn’t user_acknowleged also be set to yes if the user does answer the question with “no”? Otherwise the question will asked again and again if “no” is answered?

EDIT: flow = adjusted

True that. I was focussing on workaround the ‘did not respond in time’ issue :wink:

Afaik the condition errors wirh a timeout. You could create almost the same without a timer by restarting from the error line.

Correct: confirmed that the timeout on Homey Pro is 30 minutes.

2 Likes

And still, it would be great is that time was configurable, and if the notifications could be retracted somehow. :grinning:

1 Like

A timeout must be. Else the flows will wait forecer if they are processed several times. You only neednto swipe the push message on your phone and Homey would have a memory leak by keeping the flow active.

Thanks for all the responses, very useful. I have imported the advanced flow and catching the error now to retrigger the same flow.

The main issue now is that it will show the same confirmation over and over again. I will need to make sure to click the latest. Or is there a way to catch the error and continue? I guess not.

@RonnyW You’re correct, it needs to have some time-out. The question is whether that would have to be after 30 minutes already.

The other issue I encounter, it sometimes seems to give an error Network request failed, way sooner than 30 minutes. I did get the push confirmation though.

1 Like

Totally agreed. But il would be nice if I could set the timeout to the amount of time I want. And if I could retract the confirmation/notification. If I want (for instance) warn all family member that a door is left unlocked, I one member locks the door, there is no need for the others to respond or even see the confirmation/notification.

2 Likes

Can anyone please confirm if this is the easiest (or only) way to create a ‘question timeout’?

In my flows I often want Homey to ask me for confirmation, but then go ahead with a default action anyway if I fail to answer in time (or choose not to answer). But this just feels like a lot of cards to copy everytime (in cases where the default 30 minute (error) time-out takes too long or unreliable to use) :thinking:.

Hi everyone,

I have roughly Homey three months and I built several advanced flow.

I also tried to build a push notification flow, however it stops after 60 seconds in an error with the following message.

Next to this, when I react with e.g. “Yes” after 30 seconds it does nothing.

I expect a timeout after 30 mins.

Are there any solutions?

Hi Roy, welcome here!

Which Homey model has these issues?

Is this while “testing” the flow, or with normal usage?

You’ll have to show your flow, buddy.
(For adv. flow, a screenshot is the only way.)

I have created a simple test flow, which will be integrated later in another flow, charge EV.

The result will be, when I do nothing, than the flow ends in error after 60 seconds.

Thx.

Don’t know why you ignored this Q., but it can make a difference if you’re on Homey cloud or on a Pro 2023.

So when you answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’ after 2 minutes, it sends an error message to the timeline?
And do none of the the timeline cards send a ‘yes’ or a ‘no’ to the timeline in that case?

Please do not start the flow by pushing the blue start button, but right click on the flow name and hit “Start”

Testing flows using the blue start button, or by right clicking on a card and pick ‘Test’, often gives funny results, while the timing is completely unreal

Sorry, I missed your first question. I use the Pro 2023.

I test always my (test) flows with the blue start button or by right clicking. You are right this gives funny results in case of this flow.

By using the start button in the menu, it works fine.

Thanks for the advice. Do you know why this gives different results?

Nice to hear it works fine in ‘run’ mode.

The test function for advanced flow was mainly designed to only visualize the ‘path’ taken inside the flow.
Appearantly there’s no ‘test awareness’ built in flow cards with time dependencies.

Clear and thanks the explanation.

1 Like