Redundant hardware imho

I ordered myself the 2023 Homey pro in Februari.
Man, how I was let down by this underwhelming overpriced product.

I have lots of iot and computers in my 75 m2(Edited from m3) appartement, was exited to get the Homey Pro but that excitement did not last long.

The Homey Pro did not find any product on my network by itself OOTB, erm, seriously.
Thought it had 433 MHz support for all 433 MHz stuff, nope, not on mine.
I have HomeKit and Homebridge, does what it needs to do, and Home Assistant on my NAS, that is working as well and much cheaper than the Homey Pro.

I wrote this weeks ago, wasn’t actually finished but leave it in this stage… not interested to finish.

Bye bye then.

3 Likes

JustBadMe, thanks for reporting - where are you based ? Happy to buy this overpriced product with significant discount :wink:

1 Like

I send it back within 14 days without loosing a single cent.

At your service… :v:

That’s not enough time for testing, 14 days :wink:
Anyway, you probably shall post some more info sooner and read little bit more to understand actually how the pairing process works, Homey do not find just all products like magic, it require application installed… 433 MHz not sure which problem you had, but anyway - tooo late now.

Within 1 hour I already knew this was not what was expected, I still stand by my viewpoint.
Overpriced for what it does.
€400 is a lot, and nowadays you can do it for free if you take some time, the design is nice, but not what I want to pay this much for.

Yes it was, within an hour I knew.

This is a community forum, it sounds like you have been in contact with support and they quickly responded and rectified your issue. (Return).

There are many reviews of honey on this forum with different outcomes. But I don’t think that this particular thread is helpful to others and will instead create confusion, as the OP has missed a really easy and fundamental step in setting up their homey.

I’m going to close this thread, if you disagree and thing there is value here please send myself or any mod a PM.

2 Likes