Push notifications

Sure? You have Nuki, Tado, WhatsApp, Threema or Outlook? For WhatsApp e.g. you didn’t need this Settings. For Tado, Threema or Outlook e.g. you need often this Settings.

It depends on the Manufacturer of your Device and Android-Release.

For Threema e.g. take a look here: https://threema.ch/en/faq/push_huawei > The Link is only for looking so that you see that it is often a Device-Setting from the App as here the Homey-App.

It seems that this isn’t a Homey-Issue.

I mean direct notifications via Homey app, not via any other messaging app. Yes Homey app has full permissions within all my android devices. It is definitely a Homey Google Services Notification issue.

push is broken at the moment. a fix is coming soon. You can find plenty topics about it on the forum.

I managed to fix it by removing the app from the phone (Both if installed) and then removing all phones (https://my.athom.com/#/phones). Install the android app and modify existing push cards to send to the new phone.

I found no new comments on this topics, anyways here is my issue.

I installed Homey on three phones.

1. Huawei P20 Pro, Android 9.1.0.311 , on which (after rebooting the phone) I get notifications only until the first screenlock (by auto timing or manually). I have re-added all phones to my.athom.com/#/phones and made sure Homey app settings are marked to run on background, reinstalled Homey app etc, etc. to no avail.

2. Huawei Nova 3, Android 9.1.0.331 and 3. Samsung S7 with Android 8.0.0 which phones have no problems receiving push notifications.

Any advise out there ?

Blockquote

Have you checked both Battery-Saver-Settings on the Phone for Homey-App?

On Huawei-Phones (can only say this for Phones with Android > Version 8) are two Options: One from Huawei and one from Android.

Thanks for your input. The background settings were the first things I made sure they were turned on.
But I do not know why but today also my Huawei P20 Pro started to receive the push notifications without any problems i.e. when Homey app is open on phone screen or also when the screen is locked.
So I am satisfied… so far so good.

Do you guys get an error? Or are you just not receiving notifications? I get an ‘unknown error’ when trying to push a message to my wife’s new phone. It worked on her old one (Huwawei P9 Lite), it works on my phone (both Xiaomi, though hers is an A2 and mine a Mi Mix 2S). Checked her account, only the A2 is listed. Also had the diagnostics log checked by support, but it only says ‘unknown error’ there too.

Pretty sure it’s Homey since I get the message the instant I run my flow.