New HP23 Android app 7 slow startup?

On my Pixel 5, the new Homey Beta App 7.x takes an extremely long time to load initially. It almost takes 10s before it’s completely loaded, even on the local network. Once loaded it is snappy though.

Do others experience the same?

1 Like

Yup, but not only the loading part. I’ve not the newest phone (SamsungS9), but this is the only app which is terribly slow and stuttering. It’s just plain unusable.
It’s also the only app which ignores the animation settings. I’ve disabled all animations while it slows things down and I hate it.
The v7.x app seems to have way more animations compared to the v6.x app

I deeply hope the v6.x app stays available. Which is still quite slow as well, but they seem to not want to fix it, or can’t fix it (yes I had several conversations with Athom about it).

I’m still happy with my Pro 2019 by the way! :sweat_smile:
But there’s always some ‘challenges’ isn’t it?

I have a new phone, and its slow to.
And i hate waiting …

I just have issues with its slow startup really. After that it responds pretty snappy (>60 devices, mainly zigbee, using “collapsed view” for devices).

Anyway, I created a HP23 case for it, suggest others do as well. :slight_smile:

OK, now we have dark mode with the latest App version which is nice. Wish they would include a “Classic” blue theme though. :slight_smile:

But the extremely long App startup time of almost 10s is still there, and if you re-open the app a few minutes later it completely starts up again. I wonder if this has any prio with Athom… may open another support request.

My problem with android app spending a lot of time setting up HP23 from scratch, is mobile battery drain.
The battery normally lasts whole day but working with Homey andriod app only half day.
Even drains battery with a weak charger connected…

I opened another case with AtHom now the 7.x app is supposed to come out of beta.

They are aware of the issue:
“This issue has already been reported by other users and Development is working hard to fix this issue.”

So hopefully we will see a fix in the near future, because this is really detrimental to the user experience of Homey. :frowning: