New Homey Wear OS app

You’ve made my day!:partying_face:

Hi, thanks for your tip. However, off course this is not the way it should work. When I have some spare time I’ll definitely look into it and fix it.

1 Like

I have the TicWatch Pro 3 with WearOS. I installed this app and I was very hopefull, but it crashed when starting it. I tried the suggested workaround but it didn’t work. With only one favorite device it started but when adding more it crashes again. I hope you can fix it :slight_smile:

I have tried the app for my new Samsung Watch 4 Classic.
Loged in on the phone. restart the app and then the app crashes.
Removed all the favorites and add 1 favorite.
Then i added the old favorites again (14 in total) and now they all show
up in the android Wear OS 3 app on my watch.
By clicking on a temperature sensor the app crashes.
For now i try the app.

Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic. App crashes when you try to activate anything. Also tried with just one favorite device. Still crashes.

Edit: Lights work, lock crashes the app.

Edit2: Tried adding a virtual on/off switch. App crashes on start.

Hey @rkokkelk
looks like a neat app, i just got a “Fossil Carlyle HR gen 5 ftw4026
and the app opens, shows some colors (which looks dope btw) and then it closes.
I would be soooo happy if you could add the watch some time soon ^.^

Watch: Fossil Carlyle HR gen 5 ftw4026
WearOS version: 2.23
System Version: H MR2
Startapp: 2.43.0.352876419 .u

Thank you in advance, i know this is your own coding and contribute to the community so big thanks from Denmark!

Regards Patric

Yeah the app only supports certain capabilities, basically only on/off. For devices with different capabilities the app should not work and should show a notification. Apparently this does not work currently and is something that I hope to fix in the future.

Yeah the app only supports certain capabilities, basically only on/off. For devices with different capabilities the app should not work and should show a notification. Apparently this does not work currently and is something that I hope to fix in the future.

Your current watch is supported, however the current state of the application is kind of buggy. Something I hope to fix in the near future. Currently there exists a bug when use only a single favorite device that it does not show up in the app.

So could you try adding a couple of favorite device and close the application and open it again. Then it should hopefully work. If not try uninstalling and installing it again.

Fun!

just yesterday got my shiny samsung watch4, wich runs on wear-OS and just looked if there was a homey app.

too bad you can not do advanced controls like dimming or colour for lights, but still fancy to switch on and off :sunglasses:

I just installed the app om my Ticwatch E, and it works pretty well. :slight_smile:

Problems and wishes for future development:

• The app crashes a lot. More stability would be nice.
  • I would like to have the app as a tile so I can just swipe from normal watch face to get to it.

A workaround for more functionality:
Until favourite flows and devices other than on/off are supported, maybe virtual switches can fool the app? I haven’t tried virtual devices yet, so maybe I’m the fool. :wink:

Thanks for making this app! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi,

Is it possible to add more device controlls for example to light and thermostats aswell?

I have a samsung watch and it would be great to change the thermostat, change the volume, dimming lights, open/close curtains etc by simply using the brezel of the watch, so select device, by tapping on/off by turning brezel dim/temp/vol/etc.
(the watch runs on wearos3, not tizen)

1 Like

Hi @rkokkelk ,

I’ve the same problem as Patric.
I’ve installed the app on my Samsung Watch5, and after accepting and allowing in the Homey app on my Google Pixel 7Pro phone the screen on my Watch shows a color (every time a different color) for some seconds, and then closes…

Uninstalling, installing en restarting the watch doesn’t work…

Hopefully you can help me, thanks!

Regards, Fabian