MQTT Hub/Gateway

No problem, @HarriedeGroot. It’s no summer yet (here in The Netherlands)… :wink:
Is it somewhere on the roadmap though?

Sure

1 Like

Great, thx already @HarriedeGroot!

Hi, has anyone used this in conjunction with another homey to basically link 2 homeys together?
The reason I ask, is I want to use 2 separate homeys in a home, and link them over IP, or in this case mqtt.

Hi,
For some reason Home Assistant Discovery function doesn’t work for me.
I have only one motion sensor. I was able to add it manualy, but not using Discovery function. Please help.

Screenshot_1

Hi. Recently new to Homey and MQTT. Thank you to Harrie and all for your work on this app.

I have MQTT Hub, client and broker apps running on Homey connected to OpenHAB running on a Mac, all connected up and largely working in both directions. The one issue I have is with all Light type devices, these don’t work properly in OpenHAB. The devices are discovered properly by OpenHAB during the discovery process and are showing as online, but the only ‘channel’ that shows up for them is a color channel - even for devices that don’t actually support color change. No other channels showing up.

In MQTT Explorer, when I control the device in Homey I can see changes being broadcast correctly.

Are there any other OpenHAB and Homey gurus out there who could point me in the right direction on this?

Thank for you the app! It’s huge! I added a lot of MQTT Devices to Homey.
I noticed, there is a 1-2 seconds delay before app post value to mqtt server. So it’s very uncomfortable to use this to turn on light on movement detection.
Please check attached video:

1. I turn on/off light using MQTT Device added in MQTT Hub/Gateway. You can see huge delay.
  2. I’m sending the same mqtt value directly using MQTT client and it’s works very fast (2-3x faster).

I tested this light with Tasmota MQTT app and it’s works very fast as well.

Hi Menno,

Is there anyting to do about the RAM usage of this cool app?
Is this to be expected, 39.5 MB’s?

I’m around 35mb, so yeah. Your “Homey” has a lot more than mine. Have you restarted / PtP Homey recently?

Ok thanks. Maybe I’ll install the HA mqtt broker as an alternative.
About Homey’s memory usage, I discovered recently it varies 50 to 100 MB’s.
A restart reduces my Homey’s memory use to around 130MB’s, but it only restarts after a FW update.

I just found out Homey uses more memory than it has on board :flushed::ok_hand:

That’s the MQTT hub app not the MQTT broker - so moving to the HA broker won’t help except by removing the app from Homey. It’s a good idea though as the MQTT broker on Homey doesn’t support retained topics.

Owh I mixed things up! It comes for free when ageing🤪

Hello, first of all I want to thank you for the great work! I’ve been working with the app for two days and it’s great. However, I have a few problems… it has worked for me so far that I have implemented my devices from Homey in ioBroker. I can currently track the current status of devices live, but I can’t manage to control the devices in ioBroker (e.g. turn on/off the lamp). Are there any extra commands / topics with which it is possible? Or how does it work?

I use Homey Pro v. 7.1.1
ioBroker with mosquitto v. 1.5.7
MQTT Explorer
My modules are - Shelly, Fibaro

I thank you in advance for the support!

Did you install Mqtt client? (And mqtt broker if neccessary).

Yes. I have installed the MQTT client from the store of Homey and on the raspberryPi runs mosquitto as mqtt Broker

The command topic back to Homey is the status topic with a suffix of /set appended - is that where iobroker is sending it’s commands too ?

Ooo…thank you so much to you. It worked!!! I have already searched for 2 days whole internet… until now in vain.
You have helped me very much, once again thank you very much!

Great, the MQTT topic spec conforms to homie 3.0 (maybe homie 4.0) and more details are available here…

https://homieiot.github.io/

You peaked my interest in iobroker and I have just installed it to see what it’s all about
Got the MQTT client/broker adapter installed and connecting - just got to work out how to create a linked device now…

I proceeded like this:

1. install Mosquitto on the RaspberryPi (this is then the MQTT broker).
  2. install adapter "MQTT Broker/Client and set it up as client/subscriber.
  3. install MQTT Client on the Homey.
  4. install MQTT Hub on the Homey

Not everything worked for me the first time but finally it works now… of course also thanks to your help ))

If you need more information, feel free to write - I can write everything down again in detail.

P.S.: I used ioBroker for the visualization and I am very happy with the result.

I am really impressed by iobroker in the brief look I have had so far, easy to uild a UI for Homey although the sparsity of English information is limiting.

The particular aspect of your original problem - the inclusion of the .../set suffix, is fixed by the MQTT config but I haven’t yet found out how to create separate custom command topics in iobroker e.g. if the topic needs to end in .../cmd nor have I got the payload customisation for on|off working - at the moment it sends 1|0