LG WebOS better integration

@Ole_K @Tolga @Kaoh @Evgeny_Grin and everyone else,

Quick update to all of you, I just published my app to homey so fingers crossed

I added a bunch of new features to my app and I feel these should cover most of everyones needs.

3 Likes

+1+1+1+1 Great News. Big Thanks @MaxvandeLaar

Still waiting for approvement by Athom, in the mean time I released a new version with some small fixed for toast messages and making it a bit more user friendly by support image urls as well :slight_smile:

Check out version 1.1.0

1 Like

Question: so with the support of image urls are we able to get the same functionality (or as close as possible) as with the pinup app for android tv’s?

@Wingleader, to be honest, I have no clue what you mean. A quick (seriously short) google search still leaves me clueless. Could you provide an example of what you mean?

Disclaimer: I have never owned an Android device.

Edit: so I found this PiPup app for Android tv with HA. https://github.com/rogro82/PiPup
If this is what you are talking about. Yes this is closest we will probably get with the current WebOS.

This is what WebOS supports. http://webostv.developer.lge.com/design/webos-tv-system-ui/notifications/ And for now my app can only send toasts.

I am going to explore other ways to communicatie with the LG tv in the future, however I do have other priorities for the coming months. Still, I have no idea if I can access more features with a different api.

yep this is what i ment its also for homey Pipup

Ahh okay, well as the documentation from LG explains, creating notifications is actually not allowed so we should be glad we at least have these toast messages.

@Wingleader, So I was very curious after reading the documentation if it is possible to create alert messages instead of just a toast message. The answer is … YES! This got me probably somewhat more excited then I should be however it opens op the possibility to create interactions with the TV when displaying an alert as this also allows for buttons. I’ll keep you posted here!

3 Likes

That would be really awesome!

Just took the time to learn how to install apps from github (impatient) and your app works great @MaxvandeLaar ! Tried some different actions with flows and everything works perfectly!
Big thank you for your great effort making this!

Glad to hear! Sadly, I am still waiting for my app v1.0.0 to be reviewed by Athom.

Still great that you figured out how to do it! If you encounter any issues or have suggestions please let me know on my github.

1 Like

Any idea when it will be in the store?

@Jeroen_W I am checking daily for any progress and its been three weeks now. Sadly, I haven’t heard anything…

what is your status?

cause testing, no one will look.

you need to do a full submission.

@Kaoh, I am waiting for certification

It says two weeks, been three by now

weird, i submitted an update last week and got published in a couple of days.
may be that they are reflecting on the lg webos similar app

@Kaoh, I have no clue what their are doing. It is definitely possible they comparing it with their app of course. However, I didn’t even get a single message from them, completely nothing… I am a bit disappointed to be honest. I bought a Homey as I find JS much easier compared to python or java (HA, Openhab) however the restrictions and ‘certifications’ are a real pain.

i tried the cli version but it fails to load the device. error states ‘could not find node-wol’

@Kaoh can you try this? https://github.com/MaxvandeLaar/homey-webos-plus/issues/4 if this doesn’t fix it, please create an issue on my github repo.

sorry, you are right. i should read :unamused: